Starting with Call of the Wild.

By Infernalslayer, in Mansions of Madness

Greetings,

I am a lovecraft fan with a great interest in board and strategy games based on his work and just recently found out about the Mansions of Madness : Call of the Wild expansion which won me over with the unique sculpts of the figures as well as the whole theme itselft.

I am highly considering buying the expansion, but for the time being, i cannot find any retailers here selling the original core set MoM and could not afford both it and CotW as well so i only have the pdf rules.

Would i be able to have a game with the Call of the Wild components and scenarios only? If not, what important components is the expansion missing that are needed from the core MoM set?

I did some search for similar threads before posting but i couldn't find anything, so i apologise if i skipped a thread wich already answers that.

Best regards,

Phil

This is an expansion, and you need at least some map tiles, some exploration cards and some puzzles from the base game… and quite a lot of the lock and obstacle cards. The combat and trauma-cards will severely reduced. … and you need to mock up most of the feature tokens. And some of the monsters are probably needed too. This is from memory, so I may be wrong.

However, you do not need the keeper actions cards, the event-decks, objectives and mythos cards from the base game.

With a lot of mocking up and ingenuity, this may be possible, but don't think I can recommend it.

That was informative, thanks for the help good sir!