Rituals and the Spyker trait

By TSEHellion, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

Our group is unsure of the nature of rituals and those who perform them in the game. Do all rituals require someone with a psyker trait, or can anyone with the right knowledge perfom rituals? I did a search on these forums but came with nothing.

TSEHellion said:

Our group is unsure of the nature of rituals and those who perform them in the game. Do all rituals require someone with a psyker trait, or can anyone with the right knowledge perfom rituals? I did a search on these forums but came with nothing.

Long story short, anyone can use them. Otherwise there'd be no way to pull off Khornate rituals, eh?

Terraneaux said:

TSEHellion said:

Long story short, anyone can use them. Otherwise there'd be no way to pull off Khornate rituals, eh?

TSEHellion said:

Well, yes. That would make sense, but then we came across the Bloocallers from Tome of Blood and they allow non spykers perform rituals by sacrificing them. This is the biggest cause of our doubt and confusion.

Bloodcallers let Khornate cultists perform rituals that say that they specifically require a psyker to perform. Unless a ritual says that it specifically requires a psyker, tho, any old heretic can do it.

Terraneaux said:

Bloodcallers let Khornate cultists perform rituals that say that they specifically require a psyker to perform. Unless a ritual says that it specifically requires a psyker, tho, any old heretic can do it.

Ah, understood. Thank you for helping clear up the issue.