Fantasy Roleplay based on Terrinoth

By Mist, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

I believe I'm not the only one to have posted this before. Why FF don't think about releasing a new tabletop RPG based on the world of Runebound, Descent, Runeage and Runewars? I believe it will be a smash hit especially in these times which are lacking a strong fantasy RPG support. (apart Pathfinder there's nothing valid in the market now). I think WFRP 3rd edition has not doing well because of the RPG/Boardgame feeling. (albeit for my part I like very much the dice system used in WFRP and Edge of the Empire RPG). I hope many people out there would happy for this possible release but I dont' know what FF thinks about this. I think that it will somehow incide with Descent so why don't make the two products compatible? Let's wishing in the meantime…

This post is great! I came to the forums tonight to express my feelings in this regard. Terrinoth would be a great place to host an RPG. I would love to see this come to light! It has the essentials of what great high fantasy is and at the same time breaths breath into the FF game world. With the exceptional high quality Fantasy Flight produces it would be a great product. Please do this!

Glad to see this post! I have often wondered why there is no roleplaying game set in Terrinoth and woud very much like to see one. I agree that it should be compatible with Descent. I also think that a pen and paer rpg for Terrinoth would help to unify the diverse games set there, drive the storyline of the game worlds forward and lead to crossover sales. For this last point I believe that mutual compatibilty and consistencey of the various products (both story based and, where possible, mechanics) would be essential to promoting linked sales.

It would be nice.

I want that so bad! Please FFG

Yes. It's time now to adapt the EotE rules engine to a fantasy setting and this is a good candidate.