Divine Shot + Righteous Fury

By Flail-Bot, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Divine Shot: Core Rulebook p.171

Normally when getting a potential Righteous Fury, one rolls the attack again to "confirm the crit" as it were. In the case of Divine Shot, there is no attack roll. What's the procedure here?

Additionally, is there a limit to the range of Divine Shot? Logically, it can't be more than 4x the Range of the weapon, but the description implies otherwise.

Divine shot makes you hit by divination, the gun still has its maximum range and its quirks. I would say that you can't fire at more than 4X the range. For the righteous Fury, I would consider it confirmed (if he rolled a 10) since you automatically succed the roll to hit.

Well you can always just roll BS to try and confirm and add whatever modifiers that would apply normally. I think I remember post way back when where it was stated that you couldn't get Righteous Fury because there was no BS roll used in the first place because it was an auto-hit. So to my knowledge I don't think there is anything that says if you can or can not confirm the critical or not. But I like what InquisitorAlexel said though, but you would have to talk with your GM and discuss it with him in how he wants to handle it.

To me it seems unfair if there was no way to confirm the RF or if it was a auto confirmed RF. And it would seem fair if you just had to roll your BS as normal with the modifiers that would normally apply as if you weren't using Divine Shot.