Books binding quality

By Natherul, in Black Crusade

Out of curuosity I was wondering if anyone else had issues with the binding of the BC core book? My DH book (which is older) is fine and exellent quality but the BC books biding has all gone and undone itself…. -.-

Nope bindings are very weak for that book

I too have a book in which the binding has come undone. Quite frustrating considering how high the price for the book is.

My friend and I have BC core books with bindings undone. Very frustrating.

My BC and DH binding are becoming, or have already come, undone. Shoddy craftsmanship.

Edited by Illithidelderbrain

The binding on my copy of the BC core has come undone. Contacted FFG customer service, they said they would send me a new copy.

The only 40k book I have that has failed me is DH core. BC is holding up quite admirably.

Both my DH and BC rulebooks' bindings will soon be undone. Having paid 60 euros for each book, I would have expected something a lot better. :I Now, whenever I hand my book over to a player I have to caution them to treat my book like a newborn.

My book took a small bump last weekend during a session and the entire glued section behind the spine became undone.

Certainly not the same quality as my DH book.

Edited by Keffisch

The binding on my copy of the BC core has come undone. Contacted FFG customer service, they said they would send me a new copy.

Did you buy the book directly from FFG or?

• Erik

Thats weird because our DH book fell apart- but we've had it for several years now.

Didn't buy from FFG. Received my new copy last week. Has been used at the gaming table since. Binding seems to be ok at this point. I say contact FFG if you have this problem.

I had problems with my first two copies of the core rulebook. I contacted customer service by email. They asked for pictures of the binding issues, which I supplied. Three or four weeks later, new book arrived in the mail. That one also had binding issues, but I figured two books was enough to last whatever the group would do to it. I mentioned it to the same customer service rep by email, and he sent another one no questions asked. It is a known issue, but maybe they've fixed it on subsequent printings?

I own a copy of (almost) every 40K RPG publication, and not a single one has had binding issues. My Dark Heresy book is the Black Industries printing, and though the cover has seen better days the binding is still quite tight.

I worried about this issue when I first made the purchase- I own several hardback copies of the WFRP 1st Ed printings, which completely dropped their covers, and I had to research binding repair and fix them myself. And one of my friends purchased a Black Industries printing of the Dark Heresy book, and its cover came completely free within a few weeks.

I kinda feel bad about not having any problems. Kinda.

I've managed to find a few areas that look like they could be trouble later given a little wear, but I think as long as I take care of it it will be fine.

In comparison, my DH book (which is ancient by now) has taken a lot of knocks and it is still holding together perfectly.

I got BC this Christmas from Amazon, and it's first few bundles of pages (I don't know the technical term) Have pulled away from the glue on the spine - Needless to say I'm very disappointed but I'm lucky that I'm in the UK and can easily argue it's not fit for purpose and get a replacement.

But if this is common with FFG books I'm going to be less enthusiastic about acquiring DH 2nd Ed. when it's released

Update: Amazon were happy to replace the book and the new one should arrive shortly

Edited by BinarySecond

For what it is worth, I own all Dark Heresy books, Black Crusade books, Rogue Trader books and most of the DeathWatch books.

The Black Crusade core book is the first one I have had issues with.

Yeah I might just stick to buying from my local shop in future (Black Crusade was a Christmas gift from my mother) Just because it makes it easier to deal with any issues I might face.

That being said I do believe it's just a small minority of the FFG books that are suffering - Roll on DH 2ed!

Update: Replacement book came, definitely in better condition than the first copy though it's making similar noises, though not quite as pronounced. It's sounds a bit like pulling tape off something, the sound of something sticky pulling away from something.

Edited by BinarySecond

Binding is coming off my BC core rulebook.

Own Core books, and lots of supplements, for DH, RT, DW and BC(and Star Wars as well)... Only the BC one is coming undone. Although asking for a new copy from FFG would be kinda silly, unless they feel like shipping it across the pond.

That is what they did for me and I must say, their customer service is nothing short of stellar.

Might as well throw in my own experience. Got my copy of BC and had the binding start to come apart on the same day(It was just sitting on my desk while I flipped through the pages, I try to be careful with books ;) ).

My DH book is on the verge, but its the original BI release so its kind of expected given its nearly 7 years old and has seen more play time than any of my other books. I want to buy an FFG one for actual play, so I can keep the BI one as a collectors item.

Edited by Cail