Flowchart

By flervk, in Doom

is there something like that?

I found some for Arkham and bunch of other games, but nothing for Doom.

the game is still new to me, so it would be a big help.

Can you explain what you mean by 'flowchart'?

oh, sorry, I forgot to explain: some kind of phase breakdown that walks through the steps of the game, with relevant rules included at the same spot (so, there's no browsing through rulebook).

there is something like that for other games, Arkham Horror for example, called flowcharts:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/info/23313

it really helps if you're new to the game.

I've never bothered with any flowcharts, I prefer to pound things into my brain without aid, so they'll be permanently implanted. For a game like Arkham Horror and War of the Ring, I can understand people might like them, but Doom? Seriously? What's the hard part about Doom's turns? #1 Marine, #2 Marine, #3 Marine, Invader.

no, I didn't mean the steps were complicated.

like I said, I'd like to have relevant rules on the same spot with step they're needed for; just in the beginning, to speed up the game.

it's not a problem, I'll make something up, just wanted to see if there was something helpful already.

Well you could make a short diagram describing the marine orders, details about what they can do. But... stilll after a game or two you all would know it perfectly. Other thing are the items/weapons - they are already on a help chart so no need to duplicate that info. The same with Invaders.... What else would you need? Maybe I missed something.

we'll see how it goes, I bought the game just yesterday and haven't really played it yet.

Aaa.... then you need to be fast. Its not allowed to have games in "virgin state" - that's against the law :) If you spot something that one could add to such a "flowchart" then keep us informed.

YoshiPL said:

Aaa.... then you need to be fast. Its not allowed to have games in "virgin state" - that's against the law :)

ah, don't worry, it's deflowered already ;)

well, sort of - I've fixed the deformed miniatures and separated all tokens in a plastic container (I have yet to find a solution for tiles storage), tried out the scenario settings and all that.

currently, I'm maniacally tearing apart the rulebook; we'll be playing the game during the weekend, if all goes well.

and oh, figure painting is on the schedule, as soon as I finish the mind-numbing task of painting the WoTR minis. I suppose in, like, 2 or 3 years.