5 New Factions and Leadership Cards

By TiredOfThis, in StarCraft

Hi everybody, i've created 5 new factions with leaderships cards a while ago but did not post them up because i wanted to photoshop them first. Unfortunately, i've been very busy with school so i never really had time to get around to it. If any of you are interested in the factions and their leadership cards, here they are. Please don’t steal these and claim them as your own either.

I tried to make them as relevent as possible to their personality and their role in the video game, i hope they turned out well. I only added 1 new terran faction since FFG already made the UED Faction Leadership cards. I also added 3 new installations. Tell me what you think of them, positive and negative feedback is welcomed. If you see any mistakes, anyway I can improve the effects, or if something seems unclear, feel free to tell me. I tried to make the wording of the effects as simple and straight forward as possible at the same time trying to limit the amount of text i used. And I apologize in advance for the long and sloppy post. anyways the new factions are:

Alexei Stukov (Terran)
Artanis and Raszagal (Protoss)
Infested Duran and Cerebrate Zasz (Zerg)

Artanis Leadership Cards:
Youthful Leadership
Stage I: Special Victory You immediately win the game during a Stage III Regrouping Phase if the following occurs: You destroy an opponent’s base during the “Destroy bases, installations and transports” step of the Regrouping Phase and you control every area on that planet during the current turn.
Starting Units: 1 Zealot, 1 Reaver, 1 Transport, 8 Workers
Swift Expansion
Stage I: During each of your Build Orders, you may build one additional building or module.
At the start of each Regrouping Phase, gain 1 resource token corresponding to each of your
resource cards that have no Workers on them (maximum of 3 per Regrouping Phase).
Starting Units: 2 Zealot, 2 Transport, 9 Workers
Warp-In
Stage I: At the start of the game, place 1 of your unused units on this card. At the end of each Regrouping Phase, you can place 1 of your unused units on this card.
During the first step of each of your Build Orders, you can build up to 2 of the units on this card at a discount of 1 resource per unit and then place the unit(s) on the active planet in a friendly or empty area (all other conditions to build the unit must still be met).
Starting Units: 3 Zealot, 1 High Templar, 1 Transport, 7 Workers
Artanis
Stage II: Hero
– Place a Scout with a hero token underneath it in any friendly area.
When this hero is a front-line unit, gain +1 health in the skirmish. If this hero is a front-line unit, gain +1 attack vs. a flying unit. Once per Action Phase, you may Recharge a Standard Combat card this unit used during the Battle.
Miscalculation
Stage II:
The “Gain Conquest Points” step of this Regrouping Phase is skipped.
Fury of the Xel’Naga
Stage III: You gain 1 conquest point equal to the number of your in play opponents. Then each of your opponents (starting with the first player) can destroy up to 2 of their own units. Total up the number of units your opponents destroyed and then you lose 1 conquest point for every 2 units that were destroyed.
Buying More Time
Stage III : Each player (starting with the first player) randomly selects one of their Stage III event cards that they drew during this turn and place it face-down in front of them. Then, each player (starting with the first player) places the rest of the Stage III cards they have drawn during this turn on top of the Event Deck. Afterwards, the Event Deck is shuffled.

Infested Duran Leadership Cards:
Overrun
Stage I: Special Victory
You immediately win the game during a Stage III Regrouping Phase if the following occurs: You control at least 3 or more units on the board than the opponent who has the most units on the board.
Starting Units:1 Infested Terran, 3 Hydralisks, 1 Transport, 7 Workers
Infestation
Stage I:
Place in your play area.
After you place starting units, place your Infested Command Center token in any friendly area. At the end of each Regrouping Phase, you may build 1 Infested Terran unit in the same area as 1 of your Infested Command Center. All of your front-line Infested Terran units gain Ground Splash Damage in their skirmishes.
Starting Units: 2 Zerglings, 1 Hydralisk, 2 Infested Terran, 1 Transport, 8 Workers
Underground Geyser
Stage I:
Place this card underneath your Faction Sheet and add the following to your permanent
resources. (2 Vespene Gas)
Starting Units: 5 Zerglings, 1 Transport, 9 Workers
Kukulza
– Place a Guardian with a hero token underneath it in any friendly area. When this hero is a front-line unit, gain +1 health in the skirmish.
At the start of a battle: If Kukulza is present, your opponent must remove all guard tokens from the area (your opponent does not gain the guard token’s effect). In that case, gain +1 attack and Collateral Damage in each skirmish.
Corruption
Stage II:
Each of your opponents discards all Combat Cards in their hand (no cards can be Recharged this way). Then, each opponent (starting with the first player) draws Combat Cards from their Combat Deck until they reach their hand limit.
Ulterior Plan
Stage III:
Choose 1 of your opponent’s in play Stage I Leadership Cards that has the Special Victory keyword. Then place this card in your area and this card gains the same text and effect as the chosen card.
Hindering Tactic
Stage III:
During the next Action Phase, all of your opponents’ special (gold) Orders lose their additional effects (they are still placed in the Special Order Pool after their activation).

Alexei Stukov Leadership Cards:
Winning By Losing

You immediately win the game during a Stage III Regrouping Phase if the following occurs: If you did not voluntarily destroyed any of your units or bases this turn, there are no enemies controlling any area of a planet where you have a base or unit(s) and you have the least amount of units, bases, conquest points, and have the least amount of resource cards than any of your opponents.
Starting Units: 2 Marines, 1 Firebat, 2 Medics, 1 Transport, 8 Workers
Power Generator
Stage I:
Place in your play area.
After you place starting units, place 1 Power Generator token in any friendly area. While the token is in play, during the start of each Planning Phase, you may build 1 module for free. If you do, at the start of each Regrouping Phase you must remove that module from your Faction Sheet.
Starting Units: 2 Firebats, 1 Medic, 1 Transport, 9 Workers
Experimental Procedure
Stage I:
Place in your play area.
During the “Pass the First Player Token” step of the Regrouping Phase, the First Player Token is passed to the player on the right (counter-clockwise) instead of to the player on the left.
During the end of the “Pass the First Player Token” step of the Regrouping Phase, if you now have the First Player Token, you can move 1 of your Workers from your Worker Pool to your Unavailable Workers to pass the First Player Token to the player on your right (as long as that player did not have it during the current turn).
Starting Units: 2 Firebats, 1 Medic, 1 Ghost, 1 Transport, 7 Workers
Alexei Stukov
– Place a Ghost with a hero token underneath it in any friendly area. When this hero is a front-line unit, gain +1 health in the skirmish. Once per Action Phase, when the “Nuke” Combat Card would be placed back into your Technology Deck after this unit used it, you can place that card into your hand instead by paying for its cost.
Psi-Disruptor
Stage II: Play in your play area.
Place your Psi-Disruptor token in any friendly area.
Each of your opponents may only place 1 order on the planet with the token. In addition, if the Psi-Disruptor token is on the same planet as your Power Generator token, then at the start of each Planning Phase, you may place 1 free order on the planet with the tokens. This order does not count towards your limit of 4 orders per Planning Phase.
Advance Preparations
Stage III:
During the next Planning Phase, you can place orders on any planet, even if they are not adjacent to a planet where you have a unit or base. In addition, as long as you have the Psi- Disruptor token and Power Generator token on one planet, you can place this card in your area and use its effect during each Planning Phase.
Legacy
Stage III: Play in your play area.

If Alexei Stukov is destroyed as the result of a battle during any turn before or after this card is played, you may use the following effects: At the start and end of each Planning Phase, you may place free 1 order. These two orders do not count towards your limit of 4 orders per Planning Phase. Additionally, all of your front-line units in any skirmish gain +1 attack.

Raszagal Leadership Cards:
Constructing a New Empire

You immediately win the game during a Stage III Regrouping Phase if
the following occurs:
You control more resource cards than each individual opponent.
Starting Units: 2 Zealot, 1 Dark Templar, 1 Transport, 7 Workers
Leader of the Dark Templar
Stage I: Place in your play area.

Each time you reveal a Build Order or special (gold) Build Order, you may immediately build a Dark Templar on the active planet (even if you do not have a Level 3 Gateway). This unit count towards your build limit.
Once per Action Phase, you may Recharge a Standard Combat card your Dark Templar used during the Battle.
Starting Units: 2 Dark Templar, 1 Transport, 8 Workers
Exile
Stage I:
After each player places their starting units, choose 1 planet that has no units, bases, and installations on it. Then place this card on that planet. As long as this card remains on the planet, no player may place or activate any orders on the planet. During the end of the second Regrouping Phase of the game, remove this card from the planet.
Starting Units: 1 Dragoon, 1 Dark Templar, 9 Workers
Raszagal
– Place a Dark Templar with a hero token underneath it in any friendly area. When this hero is a front-line unit, gain +1 health in the skirmish.
During combat when this unit is the front-line unit, the opposing unit in the skirmish uses the minor health value printed on its Combat Card.
Nerazim Devotee
Stage II: Play in your play area.

At the end of each Planning Phase, you may choose an order stack. Take the top order from that stack and place it on the bottom.
Activation of the Xel’Naga Temple
Stage III:
Choose 1 area on a planet where you have a base. Then destroy all transports on any navigation route connected to the planet and destroy all units, bases, and installations on all areas on the planet, except for the area with your base.
Cosmic Intervention
Stage III:
Collect all event cards that were drawn during this turn from all players and then shuffle those event cards together (do not shuffle with the event deck). Afterwards (starting with the first player), place 1 event card face-down in each player’s play area (going clockwise) until all of the collected event cards have been distributed.

Cerebrate Zasz Leadership Cards:
Prized Possession

– After you place starting units, place 1 Mature Chrysalis token in any friendly area. Your opponents may not transport units across navigation routes (from another planet) directly into an area containing the token. This effect cannot be ignored by a player’s Offensive Module. Your Mature Chrysalis cannot be destroyed by Collateral Damage .
You immediately win the game during a Stage III Regrouping Phase if the following occurs: You
control a Mature Chrysalis token and control every area on the planet that has the token on it.
Starting Units: 1 Zergling, 3 Hydralisk, 1 Transport, 7 Workers
Surveillance
Stage I: Place in your play area.
Twice during each Planning Phase, when a player places an order on a planet, you may immediately look at the face of the order (without showing the face of the order to any other player). Then place the order face-down back onto the top of the order stack of that planet.
Starting Units: 1 Hydralisk , 1 Ultralisk, 1 Transport, 8 Workers
Garm Brood
Stage I:
At the start of the first Planning Phase, immediately activate a build order on any planet. When executing this order, your unit build limit is six and you can build an additional building and module. Then, take all of your workers from resource cards and permanent resources and place them into your worker pool.
Starting Units: 9 Workers
Devouring One
– Place a Zergling with a hero token underneath it in any friendly area.
If this hero is a front-line unit, gain +3 attack in the skirmish. This hero cannot be destroyed in a skirmish if this hero has sufficient strength to destroy the opposing unit (even if this hero cannot attack the opposing unit).
Surprise Assault
Stage II:
Play in your play area.
Place 4 Zerglings or 2 Scourges on an empty area. If that area contains conquest points, you immediately gain 1 conquest point. If that area provides resources, you immediately gain 2 resource tokens corresponding to the resource provided by that area.
Dead Draw
Stage III:
During the “Play Event Cards” step of this turn, whenever an opponent discards any of their unused Event Cards, that player loses 1 conquest point for each one of those cards. A player cannot lose more than 3 conquest points this way.
Strength of the Garm Brood
Stage III:
Choose 1 planet. Place 1 Ultralisk and 1 Devourer in any friendly and/or empty areas on that planet. Then immediately activate a Mobilize order on that planet. All of your ground units gain Collateral Damage during this order.

so, what do you guys think? Thanks.

A couple of questions, I'll post more when I have enough time:

Artanis:

Stage 1:

Youthful Leadership - It doesn't matter in which stage it happens?

Warp-in - What means "unused"? Is this a cost-free unit? Or that which wasn't ever mobilized in previous round?

Stage 3:

Buying more time - How could you do that since this card must be chosen end executed, starting from first player? This can't be done so. I suggest to correct it, eg. as following:

"All players which execute their Leadership Cards after you, must do this during the next Regrouping phase. At the end of this Regrouping phase , take the First Player token and give it to any player on your choice. "

(So you can also keep it for you)

Using Leadership cards of others (through Event deck) IMO sucks. They shuold be specific to each faction. You sholudn't also be able to influence others' players choice of this card.

Samir Duran :

Overrun - There's a mistake, you should have written: " You control at least 3 more units..." . This is IMO too small advantage, which may be reached very easy as playing Zerg. I would correct this: " You control twice as much units than. .."

Infestation - Is this Infested Terran cost-free? Why so much starting units?

to cyb3k, i think you have a misunderstanding on my effects:

Artanis: Stage 1 Youthful Leadership : it does matter when it happens, you win the game if you destroy an opponent's base during the regrouping phase of stage III, i already stated that it occurs during stage III, just like all of the other special victory conditions.

Warp-in : "unused" refers to the units (plastic figures) that you do not have on the game board. and i put that it comes at a discount of 1 resource per unit, so no, it isnt free (since all of protoss units cost at least 2 two resorces).

Buying More Time : I dont understand the problem with this card, i think you are misinterpreting it. What it does is that it "recycles" the event deck, thus trying to prevent The End Draws Near card. Since the "Choose Leadership cards" step is before "Play Event Cards" step, players will return all but 1 Stage III event card they drew during that turn into the Event Deck. Afterwards, the Event Deck is shuffled. As i said before, this is to delay the game from ending by The End Draws Near . I dont see what you are trying to say.

Samir Duran : Stage I : Overrun: The "You control at least 3 more units" /"You control at least 3 or more units" is the same thing, i just stated the other way to avoid any confusion there might be.

As for infestation : The infested Terran are not cost free, if they were i would have put it. and there isnt that many starting units, all factions starting units add up to a total of 15 resources, so if you count it, it corresponds to the set-up of all other leadership cards (except for 1 overmind card and i think 1 of mines too)

also, can you elaborate on "Using Leadership cards of others (through Event deck) IMO sucks. They shuold be specific to each faction. You sholudn't also be able to influence others' players choice of this card.". I dont understand what you mean by this.

I hope this clarifies any confusion.

Oh, and yeah, i agree that Infested Duran Overrun is too easily achieved, i meant to put have put 7, not 3. I guess i forgot to make the change. is 7 still too small??

and i think i understand your question now about Artanis Special Victory, you must destroy the base during Stage III, not any other stage. The effect states "You destroy an opponent’s base during the “Destroy bases, installations and transports” step of the Regrouping Phase and you control every area on that planet during the current turn ." I put the " during the current turn " to say that you win during that turn in which you destroy an opponent's base when it is stage III.

hopes this clarifies things, any other things you saw??

ARTANIS

Warp-In: Can yuou build Archons/Dark Archons on this card? This could make building them even cheaper than before the BW.

Buying More Time: You're right, I was thinking about shuffling/playing Leadership cards.

Very good, balanced faction. Fury of Xel'Naga is a brilliant, very tricky card, but Buying More Time could be better, because you not always want to play another stage III LC. Perhaps players should shuffle all their remaining event cards, but without coming back to stage II?

9/10

SAMIR DURAN

Overrun: I still think the number of units should be reconsidered here - it's too easy SVC. This is really relative - even 7 units may be not enough. Perhaps change the Special Victory:

"You immediately win the game during a Stage III Regrouping Phase if the following occurs: You destroyed more units than each individual oppotent in this game."

Infestation: Perhaps this scheme fits well to prices of units, but not to their strenght. Look how powerfull those 2 Infested Terrans are, especially with Ground Splash Damage. They can blow up all hostile starting units in many cases. You should definitely replace one of them with a Zergling, if not both - at least you have Infested CC at start.

Kukulza: I'd rather want this hero to be Mutalisk first, which is able to morph into stronger hero (Guardian or Denouver). It would be more flexible then. Some suggested special abilities? I think that this hero could negate all health bonuses in skirmish in which it anticipates (except those offered to heroes by leadership cards).

Corruption: Excellent card, although it sometimes may help players (to recover card played before, refill hand deck etc.)

Ulterior Plan: Whoa, overpowered card IMO. As I wrote before, you shouldn't benefit from others LC without their will. I would rewrite this card:

"Choose the player and his Special Victory condition which is in play. If this player has less Conquest Points than you, the text on this card is invalid in this round."

Imagine how powerfull it may be against such factions like e.g. Aldaris, Overmind or even Mengsk, which may easily fulfill their SVC. And this one card won't let you to win the whole game so often.

This factions is too strong because of those cards, I think it should be corrected again. I don't like its hero.

3/10

ALEXEI STUKOV

Special Victory: It's really strange and complicated. I suppose it's also very hard to archieve (too many conditions). I remember from video game that Stukov predicted That Duran was a traitor. Why not to make him to kill ohers' heroes?

"You immediately win the game during a Stage III Regrouping Phase if the following occurs: All your oppotents don't have any hero on the board."

Experimental Procedure: Another excellent idea. It can be deciding in Team Games or FFA, but in 1v1 it is not so helpfull and should work in other way. Perhaps Stukov should be additionally allowed to choose if he wants to be the first player at the start of the game? If it was, or Mengsk gave the token to him, he e.g. would be allowed to pass it to left or right side.

Alexei Stukov: This hero is really weak, even Medics won't make him tough enough. He should have additionally +2 to health or +2 to attack (according to player's choice), instead +1 to health. Now it's usefull only when you are going to spam the others by Nukes.

Psi Disruptor: Raynor has the LC with the same name, so i would rather rename this card. Is this also stack with the Legacy (III Stage LC)? I'm asking, because it's possible to play both Stage II LC in one game (thanks to the new Stage II Event card). I think that more interesting would be placing this order at the end of Planning Phase (Celebrate offers almost the same option to Overmind, so it is not likely to be repeated).

Advance Preparations: It looks that you are trying to force the player to lose or not to choose the hero in 2nd stage, because both Stage III support those decisions. Placing it in Play Area should require IMO only the Power Generator.

This is really interesting faction (Medics at start, nukes easily accesible!), but should be strengthened a bit (especially hero and Special Victory). I don't like Psi Disruptor, because Raynor already has it.

BTW: Consider another Terran instalation appearing in video game - Ion Cannon. It would be perfect if you replaced Disruptor with Ion Cannon. It could eg. force the invader to destroy one of own units each time he transport units on your planet. (eg. if he moves 6 units, only 5 of them can reach a planet with Ion Cannon at all). +1 vs flying units would be also nice, or that blockade of orders what you propose for Disruptor.

6/10

The next part of this review will appear here tommorow ;)

Artanis: For Warp-in you can put archons and dark archons on it but you still must destroy 2 High Templars or 1 dark templar since i stated that "all other conditions to build the unit must still be met". but you can still get the discount of 1 resource for them.

as for Buying More Time , im not quite sure what you are saying. my effect says that you shuffle stage III event cards only, not stage I or II, thus not allowing Leadership Cards to be played again. Are you suggesting that they shuffle all in play Event Cards also (including The End Draws Near)?

Infested Duran: For the Special Victory you suggested "You immediately win the game during a Stage III Regrouping Phase if the following occurs: You destroyed more units than each individual oppotent in this game." I think it would be too bothersome to count and record each casualty a player receives. I think I will just stick with having a certain amount of units more than the opponents, the number of units is the question though.

And yeah, now that i look at it, Infestation does have a big advantage in the early game especially against a protoss player. I had a reason for having them to start out with those units but i really dont remember why. It might have been to make it a little more diverse than all the other starting units from all of the other zerg factions. i guess changing it to 2 zerglings, 2 hydralisk, 1 transport, 8 workers would be more fair.

I didnt want to do the mutalisk evolving thing, since that would be way too much text for a card to hold. and i used the guardian since it is a siege unit and it would be a good counter against players who uses the defense order, similar to the game as gaurdians are a good counter against people to turtle in and defend. i also just wanted to make a hero that has something to do with the new mechanics that were added to the game.

As for Ulterior Plan , i dont like the "Choose the player and his Special Victory condition which is in play. If this player has less Conquest Points than you, the text on this card is invalid in this round." Since that is just a weaker version of Aldaris' Destiny Leadership Card. I wanted to incorprate Duran's hidden motives characteristic and this was the best way i could think of without getting things too complicated. i could try toning it down somehow.

Alexei Stukov: Yeah, stukov did predict that Duran was a traitor but to have an effect like "You immediately win the game during a Stage III Regrouping Phase if the following occurs: All your oppotents don't have any hero on the board." is too cheap IMO, since it will force at least 1 player to have to choose a Hero when maybe they do not want to. And I know my original text for this card was long but i wanted to make it for players who feel like they are always behind the rest of the gruop, thus giving them an advantage in the late game.

As for Experimental Procedure , it does not really have a role in a 1 vs 1 game, except that you get the corresponding starting units. I was thinking about putting an additional effect but that would just lengthen the text, which is something i want to avoid since the cards can only hold so much text.

And for the hero, Alexei Stukov is mainly used to spam nukes, nothing more. I guess i can give him +2 health or +2 attack instead of +1. but i really only created him to spam nukes.

I also forgot to state in the intro that i used the same name for one of jim raynor's leadership card (psi-disruptor) and for them not to be tied together in any way. I was thinking about the ion cannon too but decided on the psi-disruptor (even though jim raynor already had a Leadership Card named that) since Alexei Stukov had nothing to do with the Ion Cannon and i was trying to keep it as relevent to the game as possible.

As for the stage III cards, yeah it does force to the player to dedicate to one path. One reason was that i wanted to see what it would be like if the leadership cards build off of each other and see how effective it would actually be. I know that this does not give a lot of flexibility but that was something i was willing to trade off.

but yeah, if anyone else has anything to say please tell me, i want to improve these the best i can.

ARTANIS

Buying More Time: Well, when Stage III begins, it is quite possible that players have drawn a lot of Stage II Event cards, so they still have them unused. If you say that they "choose randomly a card", I assume they are not allowed to look what Event cards they have. Shuffling back to deck all drawn cards makes it much more usefull, not only in specific situations. But, stage shouldn't be lowered because of it.

SAMIR DURAN

Overrun: Notice that UED faction doesn't have the true SVC (it doesn't allow to win game by Special Victory). So It would be nice if each race had such faction. Duran could have such kind of SVC:

" Each time you are attacker and you win the battle, gain 1 Conquest Point."

(You win the battle, if not all of your units have to retreat during step 9. of battle)

Ulterior Plan : When you are ready with your suggestion, post it. My another idea for this card, which can be mixed/modified with other offects:

"Gain 2 Conquest Points for each Special Victory your oppotents have in play. Lose 1 Conquest Point for each other Stage I Leadership Card your oppotents have in play."

ALEXEI STUKOV

Well, I think those suggested changes still help the players who fell being far behind the lead.

Special Victory: It is really fun when you try to force the others to choose the hero. Note that Leadership cards are played facedown, so nobody should know what others have chosen until cards are revealed. Especially in FFA. But even if sombody choose hero, he won't like to lose it, so he rather won't use it so bravely. Especially vs Stukov. This card makes the heroes even more important than before.

Ion Cannon: Such defensive installation is perfect for players who don't fell safe on any of his planet. Perhaps it doesn't fit well to story known from video game, but in board game it isn't most important. Another interesting possible effects:

- blocking the Invasion (Agressive Module), Limited Orbital Defense (so just like the Mature Chrysalis, but it's more logical here)

- enemy units which once landed on planet with Ion Cannon built, cannot retreat or move on adjacent planets until the installation is destroyed.

There can be no more than one base or one installation in each area. So if all those tokens (Chrysalis, Power Generator, Disruptor, Ion Cannon) are installations, they can't be placed in any friendly area. Which of those are not installations?

RASZAGAL

Constructing a New Empire: This card is, again, too similar to Raynor's SVC. Protoss don't have any SV like e.g. UED, so this one could be modified as for Duran:

"Each time you place your new base on board, gain 2 Conquest Point s. Lose 2 Conquest Points each time you or enemy destroy one of your bases."

or:

"Each time you place your new base on board, gain 1 Conquest Points. Lose 1 Conquest Point each time you or enemy destroy one of your bases. Gain 1 Conquest Point each time you upgrade any of your building to level 3."

Remaining cards are good, but very similar to other Protoss LC

8/10

does anyone else have an opinion or any other ideas?

Great idea... here are my notes

Artanis stage I is ok, stage II hero is too weak but misc. is awsome idea I really like it. Stage III Fury is quite strange because protoss don´t have cheap units to destroy and I don´t like the idea of this CP market. Buying more time is great but it should say during the next phase because when you reach stage III there are usually not many cards drawn. It is also great to to slow down Aldaris´s SV and that is why I think it shoul be given to another race as a stage III leadership card. I suggest Samir Duran´s faction. This level III card I personally would replace by activation of the temple card from Raszagal´s faction which I really like.

Duran´s SV is very disputable but I can´t think of any better alternative and great idea is infestation but trust me no splash damage because that would me too much. Hero is OK but corruption seems to me rather weak and useless card. Stage III Ulterior plan I don´t approve because there may be no SV card in play and you should always be able to play leadership card no matter what. Second reason is that you really shoudn t get any advantage from other leadership cards or somehow affect them.

A good idea would be if you somehow combine your ideas for these 2 factions with RESHETO.´s version (but only if he agrees) for example I like more his version of Artanis the hero (but his version is too strong on the other hand) and his version of infestation.

The last part of reviev, including Celebrate Zasz.

CELEBRATE ZASZ

Prized Possesion: This is quite illogical, I think such abilities could be given by structures like eg. Ion Cannon (mentioned in previous posts). As an alternative benefit i suggets the following rules:

"After you place starting units, place 1 Mature Chrysalis token in any friendly area. Each time you reveal any order on this planet, if you control Chrysalis, you may execute it as it was a Special order"

Ofc, it may works exactly like Strategic areas (you don't need to put those orders on pool for SO), but it doesn't have to, if you don't like it. SVC should be kept IMO, it is very nice.

G arm Brood: I quess that card allows to upgrade twice one building and/or to buy 2 modules?

Tre rest of cards are excellent.

9/10

Hey there,

I've combined my own ideas, those from this topic and from a similar topic at boardgamegeek and designed complete ready-to-print new leadership cards. I would like to upload them at BGG but would like to ask your permission and have you look over them first. Have you got accounts at BGG? My nickname there is the same as here. If you send me your email-addresses I'll be happy to send you the file.

theasaris

I've sent you my e-mail via PM to your BBG acount.

Would love to see those if you have a link.

Thnx!

A worthy effort indeed TiredOfThis. I didn't have the time to finish all the factions yet, only got through the first couple, but I am already really impressed. Very creative and, to a good extent, relevant to the video game. My respect.

I just had a couple of questions and a comment. First question is about Artanis' Warp-in . Actually I like the ability very much, but tell me, what happens to this unused units on the card? Can you retrieve them? If yes, then when? and also, is there a limit to how many units that can be present on the card?

The other question is about the Duran's hero card. Who is Kukulza? Did you invent it, or did you get it out of somewhere?

The comment I have here is about Duran's card Infestation . I find this card too overpowered, as it beefs up your infested terrans in so many ways you can just you can just flood your opponent with them even very early. I think you should try taking out at least 1 of the advantages on this card.

Once again, a very worthy effort. Thanks!

Khas said:

I just had a couple of questions and a comment. First question is about Artanis' Warp-in . Actually I like the ability very much, but tell me, what happens to this unused units on the card? Can you retrieve them? If yes, then when? and also, is there a limit to how many units that can be present on the card?

You may only have one unit on the card at a time. You may replace the unit at the end of each Regrouping phase. You may remove the unit to immediately build it. You still get the discount for that unit.

Khas said:

The other question is about the Duran's hero card. Who is Kukulza? Did you invent it, or did you get it out of somewhere?

Kukulza is a Mutalisk hero from the Brood War campaign: starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Kukulza_(Mutalisk)

Hi everyone. I apologize for the very late response theasaris. I really liked what you did with the leadership cards. The fonts and pictures look superb. I'm glad that you used/edit some of my ideas. And thanks for the friend request theasaris, it drew my attention to this message. Have you tried any of the cards you made in an actual game?

And to Khas: My original idea for Warp-In was that the unused units on the card cannot be retrieved at any point of the game, they can only be placed back onto the game by building them with the card's effect. So in other words, they stay on the card for the rest of the game as soon as they are placed on the card and can only be taken off the card by building them with the 1 resource discount. Also, there is no limit to how many units you can have on the card. And Kukulza is a Hero Mutalisk/Guardian, it can be either one. For my leadership card, I used the Hero Guardian, not Mutalisk like how theasaris did in his version of Leadership cards. I don't remember if this Hero actually appeared in the campaign of the video game but it does exist in the Campaign Editor. And have you finished the rest of your factions? I would like to see your ideas too, if possible. And thanks for the comment.

Hi there TiredOfThis! Nice to know you're back!

cyb3k has recently put a lot more work in the cards and adopted the true Leadership Card layout with Photoshop. We're tweaking a few things but the upload to BGG will happen soon. Will let you know then. So far, I've only played with the very first versions of Infested Duran's and Cerebrate Zasz cards. It definately was a lot of fun and added some nice new variations to the game.

Warp In: So I interpreted the card correctly regarding the unit retrieval. However, if you're able to place more than 1 unit on the card, I believe it is way to strong!

Yeah, the Warp-In does seem over powered, but the flaw to Warp-In when I made it was that you can only build 2 units off of the card a time, so if you set all of your dragoons, carriers, etc. on the card over the course of the game, you are restricting yourself to only build 2 of them per order, instead of being able to build all of them at once (depending on your current build limit). This card is really useful early game, but it may hinder you if you have a lot of resources to spare. I have not tried this card out yet, but if balancing is needed, it may be best to either restrict it to 1 unit per build order or to only allow Warp-In to take effect once per turn (instead of once per build order).

And did Infested Duran's and Zasz's cards feel balanced?

And thanks for the friend request cyb3k, have you tried out any of the cards?

TiredOfThis said:

And thanks for the friend request cyb3k, have you tried out any of the cards?

Well, until now I was testing only few of my cards. As theasaris said, they look exactly like original Leadership Cards. Some of them had to altered even more than theasaris did (reducing / increasing their strength or the lenght of text).

Now I'm correcting last cards of Zasz faction; you can expect that after ~2-3 weeks everything will be ready. Send me PM with e-mail and I can send you those cards which are already prepared.

hey cyb3k, have you finished correcting the last faction?? i was going to PM you but i do not know how to hahaha

TiredOfThis said:

hey cyb3k, have you finished correcting the last faction?? i was going to PM you but i do not know how to hahaha

Hey TiredOfThis!

We're just reviewing the cards at the moment. Final wording changes and additions to the FAQ, then the upload will be ready. Just a couple more days. You might treat the five finalized factions as a Christmas present. :)

Hahaha thanks theasaris, I will be looking forward to the Christmas present!

hey guy , i saw this post few month ago, and recently i thougt that it would be great to have them on a printable format,, seems like you can wear all red this year ! hehe :)

btw, when do you think you will upload the new version ? i'm waiting it to play with :) .

i will let you know the result, but for sure i'm going to play Artanis.

Have a nice week end.

Good by from belgium :)

We're right on target for a Christmas present for the community. :)

I've sent final revisions to cyb3k yesterday, so the upload to BGG should happen any time now. Will post the link once it's online!