Alayna Stone vs. Alayne Stone

By Old Ben, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

Mathlete:

Quote:
Return Alayne Stone to her owner's hand any time you control Sansa Stark.

Response: after Alayne Stone is killed, claim up to 4 power for your House (to a maximum of 6 total power on your House).

If My opponent and I both control copy of Alayne Stone and my opponent kills his Alayne Stone, can I also claim 4 power for my house with his Alayne Stone's death?

FFG Morgan:

From FAQ 6.0:

(3.12) Self-Referential Cards

When a card refers to its own name (e.g., the Catelyn
Stark (ITE U5) card that reads, "Response:
After Catelyn Stark is declared as a defend-
er..."), it is referring to itself only. This
response cannot be triggered when an oppo-
nent's Catelyn Stark is declared as a defender.

Ktom:

~ You know mathlete, it's a good thing Morgan got to this question first. For you, my answer to it probably would have included the word "duh" in it somewhere. (Seeing as how, like me, you're "old" enough in this game to remember when that part was added to the FAQ....)

smugan:

Hello.

Alayne Stone is an Unique character so... ¿how can both of you control your copies of that card at the same time? I think I missed something...

Saludos desde España.
Hail from Spain.

Old Ben:

smugan wrote:
Hello.

Alayne Stone is an Unique character so... ¿how can both of you control your copies of that card at the same time? I think I missed something...

Saludos desde España.
Hail from Spain.

Well, everyone is playing Alayne in his own deck. The unique rule allows every player to have the same unique card in the game at the same time.

smugan:

FAQ's in page 14 wrote:
You may not play, put into play, or take control of a unique card already in play that you own or control (except for putting a duplicate on a card that you own and control), or that is in your dead pile.
You cannot play a unique card if your opponent has taken control of another copy of that unique card that you own.

Well, I think this paragraph is the origin of my misstake. I thought that if I put in play Alayne, then my opponent cannot put in play the same character.

Ktom:

smugan wrote:
FAQ's in page 14 wrote:
You may not play, put into play, or take control of a unique card already in play that you own or control (except for putting a duplicate on a card that you own and control), or that is in your dead pile.
You cannot play a unique card if your opponent has taken control of another copy of that unique card that you own.

Well, I think this paragraph is the origin of my misstake. I thought that if I put in play Alayne, then my opponent cannot put in play the same character.

The paragraph says that "you" may not play, put into play or take control of a unique card if you ALREADY have a copy of that card in play or in your dead pile. That only applies to "you." It does not stop me from doing the same thing with the same unique. We can both play our own copies of the same unique character.

You may be mis-interpreting that highlighted sentence. It says that if YOU play Alayne Stone and I take control of YOUR COPY of her, neither one of us can play another copy (because you OWN a copy in play and I CONTROL a copy in play). However, if you play her, I neither own nor control a copy in play, so I can play a second copy of her from my own deck.

smugan:

Hehehe. Oll Korrect! Understood. Thanks a lot. Some things are going to change in the spanish-NW meta.

Old Ben:

smugan wrote:
Hehehe. Oll Korrect! Understood. Thanks a lot. Some things are going to change in the spanish-NW meta.

Inhouse matches must have been tough if you played it with uniqueness applies to all players rules , meaning once player A got Jaime in play, player B can´t play Jaime.

smugan:

Correct! But ¿you know what? At last it's not so important when you and your frikiest two friends are the only players in your zone and we play three different houses. So, not much space to duplicate Uniques.

I play Stark (is there another?? ) Zhenghe (maybe you've seen him on this forum) plays Lannister (what a ****s house!) and the third of us, Pichel, plays Targaryen (and he doesn't either lurk this forum because he doesn't understand a word in english )

Anyway, now that I am a little wiser, I'm going to play a couple Jaimes only to see the face of Zhenghe. Then I will show him this thread. Hehehe.

Old Ben:

smugan wrote:

Anyway, now that I am a little wiser, I'm going to play a couple Jaimes only to see the face of Zhenghe. Then I will show him this thread. Hehehe.

Please take a picture when he realizes the rule and share it with the other people on the boards. Might be a cool sight.

Ialso think i saw the name Zenghe on these boards before.