Newbie Q's after first games…

By milisim, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

1. If you do not have a command unit on the table as they are in reserve and you have a single platoon. Can you do anything in the Command Phase? 2. Hell Boys are a Platoon Command…. Why don't they have a radio? Seems weird. 3. If a walker is on fire, you can in fact put out the fire during the command phase? 4. I used a lot of Jump capable troops yesterday, my friend was getting frustrated because he couldnt react to me. We played it righ tthat you can only react to firing within 12" if you are the target? This is more for him as he was getting angry lol Cheers,

milisim said:

1. If you do not have a command unit on the table as they are in reserve and you have a single platoon. Can you do anything in the Command Phase? 2. Hell Boys are a Platoon Command…. Why don't they have a radio? Seems weird. 3. If a walker is on fire, you can in fact put out the fire during the command phase? 4. I used a lot of Jump capable troops yesterday, my friend was getting frustrated because he couldnt react to me. We played it righ tthat you can only react to firing within 12" if you are the target? This is more for him as he was getting angry lol Cheers,

1) No.

2) Not every platoon carries a radio. Sturmpioniere and Drakoni do not either. They are more "assault" oriented, so no room for a radio - just guns. :D

3) Yes, but you get a Reaction marker.

4) Well, you may declare a Reaction againt a unit shooting at you within 12", but not the Jump movement. Yes, this makes Jump frustrating at first. When he starts bringing Snipers, he will feel better. :P

If you have more questions, feel free to swing by Dust-War.com - the community there is active and very helpful.