Favourite 'confrontation' moment in Fury?

By ISDSharpe, in Fury Of Dracula

Cornered, net closing in...sun rising and too many brides caught and cut off before their (undeath) began...

**** Van Helsing and his shrewd guessing!

So they got me...but it was a very close run game...really felt like a chase and a desperate race to stop Dracula, before the plague could grip Europe.

What's your favourite moment?

Every now and again my brother, playing as Mina, will defenestrate Dracula. That's always good for a chuckle, as it provides a subtle blend of Bram Stoker and The Young Ones .

The best moment i had playing Dracula was last week.

I was the Dracula and my team were chasing me around the world for over 4 Hours then the best (for others the worst) card showed up.

EVASION. That send me completely out of their way. The hunters didn't lost their faith and resilience and kept chasing me from the beginning.

So far nothing special, taking in consideration the long hours of play

but then.......

We all realised that it was almost 5 o'clock in the morning ,still dark outside and soon the sun would rise and we all had to go to our works at 6 o'clock.

We started playing all like this would be the last day of Dracula. The game had entered our world. I had to stay alive for 1 hour and the Hunters had to kill me in this time.

I am not gonna say what happend because it's irrelevant. The thing i wanted to say is that the whole feeling was one the best i had in years. I thank the game and my friends for this moment

There was one game playing as Dracula when for some reason my dice were seemingly blessed with nothing lower than a 5. Winning the game through defeated hunters rather than the usual drawn out chase was pretty fun.

Made up for it in the rematch when I was on Dracula's trail relentlessly for the first third of the game, only to then spent about an hour or so without even a shred of a clue, all becuase of one small road that I didn't account for. babeo.gif

I guess my favourite moment as a hunter was when Dracula played the Evasion card and thought he'd managed to strike a winning blow. His problem was that we quickly figured where he was heading and landed on him in Varna and we then proceeded to dismantle him and won the game. The look on the Dracula player's face was worth the long hours the game took lengua.gif

On the flip side, as a Dracula player, mu favourite moment was when I played the Evasion card and stayed very close. The hunters all ran off in different directions looking for me while I started planting more vampires. I did manage to win that game gui%C3%B1o.gif

I was playing as Dracula and was low on blood. My movement powers were already on the track, and my hand of cards was mostly worthless. However, I had expended all these resources to great effect earlier and was 2 points shy of victory and had a vampire about to mature in a few turns.

The hunters began to scour eastern Europe for me. i was in the middle and my vampire was in the south. They began to veer south so I made for Castle Dracula. Upon my revelation, they all headed towards me and dogpiled. They got to me one round before my vampire matured, so i had to defend against 3 of them to win the game. 4 different roles tied with me coming out ahead on the initiative, and I managed to hold on for that turn.

My vampire matured and we swept over Europe. It was the closest win I've had.

My favorite was very thematic. The hunters had chased me relentlessly, but somehow I managed to stay just one step ahead. Finally, it came down to it...5 vampire points and four blood points. All I had to do was survive just two more rounds and the sun would rise, scoring me my last point. Alas, I had stopped many trains and scared their horses and broken their weapons, but I was finally surrounded, and I was put into combat. I slashed at my opponent, dealing damage, and receiving a couple points of damage the next play. With two blood left, I laughed and transformed into a bat, prepared to fly far away where they could never catch me. Alas, the glint of determination in Van Helsing's eye, the sudden motion of his hand, and a stake was driven right through my transformed body. I howled an unholy knell (in retrospect, very annoying), and crumbled to dust.

Quite the climax. :D