Eroecchi Edmonton/Calgary Players Page

By Eroecchi, in Town Threads

Just starting this up again since we have a new forum and all.

Dutpod great to have you up and were already excited for next time. We really do hope to have more of our cards by then, and when we do i promise you, your wall wont stop me.... maybe if you had 2 but NEVER AGAIN I SAY!

Triad i know your not around anymore but you missed out i tell ya. it was a great day of cards

YO

so i'm really trying to set things up of us here in E-town, ive sent an e-mail to Jaffer for some info and started a Facebook group as well as talking to local stores around town to see if someone will set up shop so far i have offers that i can organize things and use their spaces.

so join the facebook group lets get this rolling

Hey, we're still around. Jasmine and I made the "mistake" of seeing some KH L&D the other day and bought it, essentially sucking us back in the game. We'll probably show up on the radar more formally at some point, but for now I was just wondering a couple things. Hopefully you can help us out Eroecchi.

1) Where, other than online, do you know of that we can get some more KH? We bought ours at Warp 2, but were wondering if there's another store and also, how much do their boxes cost?

2) How gamebreaking are the new supers? I don't have a ton of money to allocate for this game and if victory will depend on having 3 Clouds or Sephiroths in deck, I'd prefer to back out of a heavier investment now.

Hopefully you can get stuff going in town though. We might show up later on down the road. Later!

Yo Kingdom Mom, right to you questions

1) We didn't even see them at Warp 2 when we've gone, so what we've been doing is having Gamer's lair order our boxes in for us because we ordered so many we got about 2 dollors off a box so it was 77 per box.

2) In my opinion non of the SRU's are a desprate need but they are all super awsome. The Trio hosted a small get together with players from Regina and calgary and at that time we didn't have any SRUs from set 3 in our decks but our guests did. I'd say that we were all pretty even but the SRU's deffinitly helped them like Mickey, what deck couldn't use that.

now we've had a chance to use them and in my opinon they all are great cards and extremly help full and help shrink a deck but if once known how to get around them you can beat a deck who has them, they deffinitly don't garuntee you a win.

and i got an an answer from Jaffer and things are under way to set more things up here in Edmonton,

Kingdom Mom, feel free to send me a personal e-mail if you and Jaz want to set up a time to play if you wanna have more play testing with the cards, when we set it up for the players from Regina and Clagary it worked out great so i'm more then willing to do it again for you guys to play with us. The Calgary players have promised to come back to play us on a semi regular occasion.

Nice, I am going to join the facebook group if I can find it.

- dutpotd

Eroecchi said:

1) We didn't even see them at Warp 2 when we've gone, so what we've been doing is having Gamer's lair order our boxes in for us because we ordered so many we got about 2 dollors off a box so it was 77 per box.

Do you know if they ever have any boxes on hand or you have to order them in advance?

Eroecchi said:

2) In my opinion non of the SRU's are a desprate need but they are all super awsome. The Trio hosted a small get together with players from Regina and calgary and at that time we didn't have any SRUs from set 3 in our decks but our guests did. I'd say that we were all pretty even but the SRU's deffinitly helped them like Mickey, what deck couldn't use that.

now we've had a chance to use them and in my opinon they all are great cards and extremly help full and help shrink a deck but if once known how to get around them you can beat a deck who has them, they deffinitly don't garuntee you a win.

Good to know... is it usually 1 SR exclusive per box? They seem pretty powerful but I'm sure as you said, there's ways around them.

Eroecchi said:

Kingdom Mom, feel free to send me a personal e-mail if you and Jaz want to set up a time to play if you wanna have more play testing with the cards... .

I will do that. Not until the New Year, holiday schedules as they are, but definitely sometime in January if you're here. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas or anything else you may celebrate including generic holidays.

1) Well due to all the mix up they havn't actually finished with our order or had left over to sell in the store, but they should when their next shippment comes in.

2) Actually the distrabution of SRUs is fantasic this time around, its almost completly random, we had 1 box with 1 SRU and another with 5, the majority of boxes had at 4 in them.

3) that'll be great, we will be around, we still play everyweek so when ever you guys have the time and if you give us enough warning i'm sure we could conivce Dutpotd and his crew to come join in the fun.

Happy Holidays to you too

and Dut saw you joined the facebook group AWSOME!

YO, i totally forgot to do this 2 weeks ago and so now the time has run out. But hopefully just maybe Kingdom Mom will see this.

Dut is coming up for this sunday - Jan 11 to play with us in the trio, i send an invite to any edmonton players to join us.

we will be playing at my own house just send me an e-mail and i can give directions and such, pls feel free to come.

Also Jaffer has said he sent me a demo package so once it arrives i'll be setting up some demo days and as to exsactly which location im not sure on which place would be best yet. more info to come

P.S. if my english is bad my apologies but i'm right outta my Jap class and it makes my enlgish un intelligent.... XP

Yay!

Looking forward to hanging out with you and the Edmonton crowd this weekend Ero :)

I have two decks built and ready to play!

Should be fun ^^

- dut

OK, so Jaffer's promotional pack came in the mail this week, i hope to soon have some sort of thing going on but i'm stil trying to decided where it should be. not really interested in gamer's lair i would love to do warp 2 but they don't really play cards anymore it looks like. maybe the Anime cafe will let me do somthing, ive got a very weak connection to that place. if anyone one has any ideas of a card place i could try to set up let me know (assuming its more then just me and Dutpotd reading this forum XP)

Just a heads up to all other active edmonton players who happen to surf the forums, but i'm currently trying to set up a day for this new there can only be one tournement, it will hopefully be at the Anime Cafe, Sou Kawaii, talks are just starting, and i stil dont even have a date yet but i hope you'll join, and we'll also take this opurtinity to spread the game thru the anime comunity in the city with how Sou sends out a mass e-mail newsletter *thumbs up* eroecchi loves the highlander....

Been SUPER busy, but depending on what's going on around that time, might try to make it. Sou Kawaii rocks. Good thinking.

i should have the there can only be one tournement all set up by the end of the weekend, right now i'm aiming to hold it on april 11 a sunday. ive talked to some other anime and kingdom hearts fans and seems like we might at least get some takers and try out some demos.

more details as soon as its all set up, hopeing to make this a tournemtn/ show the community to come play with us if it works out i'll keep sou kawaii as our usual tourny place.

Alright, we are all set for There Can ONly Be One Tourney,

it will be held at the Anime Cafe Sou Kawaii on April 12 from 1-4

the addy is

12923 97st by warp 2

hope to see you there, jaffer will post it on the tourney page this week

Hopefully I can make it. Baby was born a couple nights ago so if things are calm and Jasmine's mom comes over that weekend, I should be able to duck out for a few hours with my brother.