BATTLE OF THE (prominent western) CANADIAN PLAYERS! BAM!

By Eroecchi, in Olympus Coliseum

Just thought i'd post to get some other Canadians attention. But today the Edmonton Trio + One held a get together for the Canadian players we knew on the forum. It was great we played offically for a good 8 hours. We mostly put it on because Vertically Challenged and Gtrogi who live in Regina, Saskatewan were coming going to be in Red Deer, Alberta which is an hour and 1/2 drive from where we the trio live in Edmonton. of course this is after an 8 - 9 hour drive from the hometown. and so for this occasion i got a hold of Dutpod who lives in Clagary, Alberta a 3 hour drive from Edmonton, hopeing since we had some out of province guest he might be able to make it with his band of players. And with this the Battle of the prominent canadian players was born. We had 7 players everyone played everyone over and over all had a good chance to try set 3 and my mother provied tasty spinich dip nom nom.(yea i'm still living with my parents XP it was my own place or school, i chose school for an appartment in another counrty, Nihongo ga ikimasu yo)

Everyone deffinitly loved the fact we all got to play new players with diffrent playing styles. Will this happen again who knows we love to do it again i'd even host again, and again and a again.

To other Canadian players let us know your around lets do this

thanks to my visiters for traveling so far to apeese(spelling???) an old mans need to play Kingdom Hearts

my guest list consited of forum members

Dutpod (Calgary)

Vertically Challenged (Regina)

Gtrogi (Regina)

Plus1 (Edmonton)

Hanzo (Edmonton)

Roughneck (Edmonton)

This was great fun Ero and I will be back with my partner in Kingdom Hearts crime sooner rather than later!

Thank you again for hosting (and give my regards to your Mother too!) and expect to see more of me and others I hope. A solid playgroup is great and I think with the drop of the 3rd set there are even more interesting mechanics that demand playtesting and they demand playtesting with real people - i.e. I can't playtest Pinochio against myself that well :(

-dut

Man you guys are so lucky... living so close to each other in Alberta.... and the Prairies...

I'm in Western Canada as well... Victoria, British Columbia to be exact...

Maybe... Hopefully we will be able to meet sometime soon...

I guess I could post my list of local players...

Digi_Dude_78 (Victoria)
Riku_Fangirl (Victoria)
K-ral (Victoria)
43710r9drum84kdud35 (Sooke)

Well Digi_Dude we know where you are now, can't say we'll ever purposly head over to victoria but if we're ever in the area or if you in our area we'll need to set something up, thats the reason why we ended up playing with the Regina players, we just had enough fun with Dut that were gonna work somthing out to play more often :)

:P and i had knew there were other western players who are prominent on the forums(meaning an continual active member) i wouldn't have put that in the title(epic as it is) i had no idea you guys were from there, do you guys play with krang(his old forum name) we played him way back when, as he had come to edmonton from victoria for his kids spring break.

Ahhh... yes Krang....

He is a standard player here in the community. He said something about going over to Edmonton... well hey... at least we know about the others here in Western Canada...

And who knows.... Maybe dutpotd won't be the only one to come from Canada that gets to go to GenCon this year...

Hope to meet you guys soon...

Digi.

Digi_Dude_78 said:

Ahhh... yes Krang....

LOL, just how we with.

As for Gencon, its totally on our agenda, its way to soon to confirm but the Trio deffinitly has our eyes set on it.

Hey.. I just remembered something the other day...

We Victorian's have a Gaming Convention coming up soon...
It's called GottaCon and I'm partially involved in it as my cousin is 1 of 3 who are running it... I can give you some info on it... and... depending on the situation.... Lets just say we might be able to plan something out...

I dunno though... I guess I should have said something way earlier....

Let me know if your interested in knowing more...

AHh yes Krang... * cough cough* I can sure feel the love for myself, and let me tell you I am all teary eyed at the thought ;P.

Those in edmonton might remember playing me. I might be out that way again in several months, hope to play you all again if i'm out there. maybe i can drag a couple players from here with me for a few day trip.

Zarathura/Krang

Well Zarathura/Krang just let us know if you are and i'l be sure to set somthing up. I have a Edmonton players thread in the town thread section just post in there. Sad to say theo the majority of the players you played no longer play. tho i still do we went against each other twice each of us gaining a victory. We'll have settle that score.