COC and gaining health

By WombatMan, in Talisman Rules Questions

Guys,

We were playing on the weekend and this question came up: Can you gain / replenish health while there is a player on the COC? I said you could not but the other players said you could. We checked the main rule book and could not find a ruling. What are your thoughts?

Another thing that came up is if someone is on the Valley of Fire and that player loses their Talisman, do they go back one space and have to leave the Inner Region?

Regards

WombatMan

WombatMan said:

We were playing on the weekend and this question came up: Can you gain / replenish health while there is a player on the COC? I said you could not but the other players said you could. We checked the main rule book and could not find a ruling. What are your thoughts?

Under vanilla CoC ending, you can continue to heal and gain lives as before, which can make for some "interesting" finishes if a good character gets Poltergeist while near the Chapel…

WombatMan said:

Another thing that came up is if someone is on the Valley of Fire and that player loses their Talisman, do they go back one space and have to leave the Inner Region?

If they are already on the VoF, they move up to the CoC. You only need a Talisman to enter VoF, once there, you might just as well ditch your Talisman(s).

This came up yesterday when I was playing with a new player. I had thought this was indeed a rule but couldn't find it anywhere, except it was printed on 1 or 2 alternate endings themselves, but not on the one we were playing. It is also entirely possible 1 or both of those endings were fan made.