Of talisman's and the Valley of Fire / Crown of Command

By hprwhg, in Talisman Rules Questions

Yes this rule does encompass the Transference Spell, as will new cards from future expansions.

Ell.

talismanamsilat.

Are you saying you can or can't cast the Transference Spell if you & another Character are in the lnner Region.

Yes, Transference can be used in the Inner Region. I meant that it is encompassed by the rule of leaving the Crown, not the turning back one!

Ell.

talismanamsilat.

l was just checking as l saw a reply from yourself in the main forum under Transference Spell (The Reaper). l quote, In summary, the Transference Spell cannot be used in the Inner Region (it is not actually stated on the Spell card - oops we missed it out). A character must move 1 space per turn in the Inner Region period.

Please ignore that old post. It was a last minute change that I was not informed about. Please use the one stated in this thread.

Ell.

Thanks for the confirmation talismanamsilat. l was starting to wonder why we were being told different things & who was right, still all cleared up now.

At the moment we are using the old BI version of the FAQ, l do know that some of the answers have changed. By the way have you any idea when the new version of the Errata & FAQ is likely to appear for FFG's Talisman.

I just noticed that when you become a toad. It's starting place is the same as characters. So you are teleported out of the crown of command minus your possesions and brought back to your starting space. Which means it will succesfully work at stopping someone from casting command spells and winning the game for at least 6 rounds; three of which could be very detremental or even not have an opportunity to get another talisman easily or at all. Instead of just standing in the crown relatively safe for three rounds. Is this correct?

No. It means that you become a Toad where your Character was transformed.

hprwhg said:

I just noticed that when you become a toad. It's starting place is the same as characters. So you are teleported out of the crown of command minus your possesions and brought back to your starting space. Which means it will succesfully work at stopping someone from casting command spells and winning the game for at least 6 rounds; three of which could be very detremental or even not have an opportunity to get another talisman easily or at all. Instead of just standing in the crown relatively safe for three rounds. Is this correct?

Nope. If you get Toaded at CoC, you'll sit there for 3 rounds doing nothing. I think the starting place on Toad is in case Toad draws Patrol (or any future cards) that return a char to his/her starting location.

Also, don't know where you got the 6 rounds from. If you would get teleported to your starting space, that's on the Outer Region. Minimum of 1 turn to get back to the Plain of Peril (Chapel/Graveyard, hop to Hills/Woods, Sentinel, then back, roll a 6, if you pass the Sentinel, you can move past the Portal), then 5 more rounds minimum to make it back to the Crown. Plus 3 rounds as Toad for the hops above, so minimum of 9 rounds.

Thank you again. Yes I did realize that it would be 9 minimum rounds after I had posted it. HAHAHA! My fault. But, dont you think it would be an interesting twist to toad to be teleported back to your starting point. Mainly, for the purpose of hurting someone so much in the CoC.

l am interested in the answer to this question myself posted by hprwhg.

Since, you cannot enter the Valley of Fire without a talisman. What happens if you are in the Valley of Fire and someone steal/shatters/toad your talisman away do you have to leave the Valley immediately or on next movement? And which way do you have to go? into the Crown or back into werewolf / pitfiend squares?

ls it a case of needing a Talisman to enter the Valley of Fire but don't need one once you are there.

alboy said:

l am interested in the answer to this question myself posted by hprwhg.

Since, you cannot enter the Valley of Fire without a talisman. What happens if you are in the Valley of Fire and someone steal/shatters/toad your talisman away do you have to leave the Valley immediately or on next movement? And which way do you have to go? into the Crown or back into werewolf / pitfiend squares?

ls it a case of needing a Talisman to enter the Valley of Fire but don't need one once you are there.

talismanamsilat answered to the question in the first post. If you lose the Talisman on the Valley of Fire you don't have to turn back, because the Talisman is needed to Enter; if you're toaded you move to the Crown Space and stay there until you turn back to normal.

Thanks The_Warlock, l assume you could also turn back as well when you are toaded if there is a couple of Characters already on the Crown of Command that would surely kill you off while you were a toad.

alboy said:

Thanks The_Warlock, l assume you could also turn back as well when you are toaded if there is a couple of Characters already on the Crown of Command that would surely kill you off while you were a toad.

You can always turn back from the Valley of Fire. The Crown cannot be left, unless a specific occasion causes it (i.e. the Transference Spell). According to Elliott, still to come alternate endings will have Characters leaving the Crown to complete specific tasks.

Where can l find information on alternate endings.

alboy said:

Where can l find information on alternate endings.

There's no specific information, Elliott spoke of the alternate endings in this thread (reply 22#).

The_Warlock said:

alboy said:

You can always turn back from the Valley of Fire. The Crown cannot be left, unless a specific occasion causes it (i.e. the Transference Spell). According to Elliott, still to come alternate endings will have Characters leaving the Crown to complete specific tasks.

This makes sense.

So actually you need a talisman to enter the space of the valley of fire.

So that means indeed, that if you are already standing on the valley of fire and lose your talisman, then you don't have to worry. And can walk to the crown of command on your next turn.

------

I always thought that you need a talisman to enter the crown of command from the valley of fire lol gran_risa.gif