Cool Dust dice Kickstarter

By blkdymnd, in Dust Tactics

Can't beat the $25 price if you have a group. I have their Warfare markers and love them, so thought I'd give them a plug

Thanks for the heads up. I also just backed the $25 option-15 dice per faction for a total of 45 dice.

A very good price, unfortunately I already have my own, they do need a 25 dice set for one faction though.

I just came here to plug the same Kickstarter! With the current stretch goals you get 15 dice/ faction at the $10 level. With (at this wiriting) 22 days left I bet we'll see some nice upgrades in future strech goals.

I think also the creator said he should have previews of the actual dice on Apr 17.

That does look interesting. I won't really consider pledging until I've seen their samples next week, though.

But I wish they'd create a pledge level for lots of dice from each faction (like 25-30 from each), but at a lower price for not including the stupid Warfare tokens.

Well the pics are up and to be honest they look really cheap, which is fair as they are. The colours are pretty aweful and translucent but at least the symbols are centralised unlike the official ones. Think I'll withdraw my pledge.

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed by the colors. The dice look cool, but the colors are very different from the proposed pantones. I did some tweaking to compare their final samples (top) with what I imagined they'd look like (bottom).

Dice.jpg

If they manage to change those colors, I'm definitely in with some 80 dice. If not…

http://www.battletactics.tv/images/p1010587.jpg

Do yourself a favor and just go to Battletactics.tv and order there dice, way better quality then these dice that look like junk for just a few more bucks.

Those do look quite cool, but the price difference is enormous: $2 per dice instead of $0.50 per dice.

Loophole Master said:

Those do look quite cool, but the price difference is enormous: $2 per dice instead of $0.50 per dice.

A decision you have to make every day, Quality V Quantity

Sure. It's juts that saying the cost just a few more bucks is misleading, when they cost four times more.

Loophole Master said:

Sure. It's juts that saying the cost just a few more bucks is misleading, when they cost four times more.

That's certainly true.

f5b0a771c40cea35badfda2ccfd24f8d_zps7639

I posted this in a few spots last night, but I was sent a sample of each from Ironheart Artisans, here is a pic as true as I could get for the colors:

That certainly makes them look better and the Allied is now my favourite and luckily the ones I have pledged for, might keep my pledge now.

That picture shows WAAAY better colors. That is something I could live with. If this photograph is really a faithful depiction of the dice, then the guy running the Kickstarter is making a huge mistake by depicting his product with those pictures he's using. Those look awful. This is something I'd be interested in.

However, it does seem that we'll get some official dust faction dice later this year, so I don't think I'll be keeping my pledge.