One-Use Orders

By wellist, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (1st Edition)

Gonna be playing a game over the weekend and was hoping to get some input on the One-use orders from ACOK expansion. Do you like them? How much impact do they usually have in the game? I usually play with just the base game, and occasionally the Martells from ACOK. I felt that the "super-characters" were a little too much in the few games that I played with them. Are the one-use orders similarly powered?

thanks for any feedback!

They can, like anything else, be very powerful if used appropriately, but are fairly well balanced between the houses. You'll find that, if they're available, everyone will be mustering in the first round, which does slow the expansion of territory a bit. And nothing's more frustrating then taking the time to use a special supply token to get ahead, seconds before the Supply card comes out of the Westeros deck!

bcwMD said:

They can, like anything else, be very powerful if used appropriately, but are fairly well balanced between the houses.

Except for "The Weakness of Highgarden", which has always underwhelmed me...

"The might of R'hlor" is also iffy - if you're playing with the original cards, it's great. If you're playing with the expansion characters, you have to discard one of your two strongest cards to use it - not so great.