Top 4 Deck Lists from WI Regional

By JMCB, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

Jarrett,

So, how many people were at this event? Were there other decks played or were they all these 2 decks?

It does look kind of sad, but I have to think this is merely a symptom of the deck-building mechanic, coupled with the lack of a wide range of synergies between objective sets. As the card pool increases, more archetypes will emerge, and the decklists will quickly diversify.

There was 15ish people at the event. I personally was running a Rebel/Leia deck along with an Imperial Navy/Tie Fighter Vehicle deck. I got slaughtered.

I did win a couple of games, and there were definately a lot of play mistakes that I could have avoided to probably secure a few more victories, but overall the majority of the "competitive" players were all playing very similiar decks.

It looks like they are no new tricks out there. We have been playing those decks in Texas since Core. I realize there isn't much now to be different from each other, that is why I wish the next expansion would hurry and get here.

Competively there looks like there are two Sith Control decks that dominate and some form of Jedi/Han deck. Rebels don't stand a chance as of now in my opinon (sorry Edge battles, bad draws = poor chance of catching up) and the Imp NAvy deck is fast and swarms but still lacks something.

I just don't want the Sith Control deck to dominate too much and make this game one sided and people losing interest. Don't make this game like Decipher's SW and I sit over here and do something and prevent you from doing anything the whole game (ie., Force draining, testing, lightsaber combat, senate, Watch your step, etc)

I think Navy can stand a chance against the Jedi decks honestly, just because of how fast you can blow up objectives when the LS player isn't drawing units. Rebels would be more playable if more Navy decks saw play because they can be as fast in that matchup. Technically its semi-balanced, it's just the choice of what the players really want to play, and I see the majority of them running Jedi/Sith at this time.