Content for young readers?

By digiconda, in The Identity Trilogy

I'm interested in getting Golem and Mimic for my 16 year old son to support his interest in the Android setting. Is anyone able to give me some feedback concerning the content of the stories, mostly with regard to sexual situations and descriptions? Thank you, Vince.

I think this would be a great read for a 16 year old. No sexual situations in this trilogy so far, although there are a few mentions of bioroids (robots) called gynoids that provide sex to customers who rent them.

The other Android novel, Freefall, had a situation where someone was murdered in a hotel room while having sex with a gynoid.

Generally the authors portray these gynoids as victims of society by trying to humanize bioroids in general while the people who use them treat them like objects or worse.

This theme is at the core of the trilogy as the main character is a bioroid reaching full sentience, while fighting the ugliness of human bigotry.

By the way none of the books go into any sexual detail at all. Maybe a mention of robotic lubricants at the murder scene in freefall but that's it. Oh and the client beating up the gynoid in bed.