War Gaming Club Startup Purchases

By Kaptain Blipto, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

Hello All,

Before anyone looks bad at my topic/post here please understand I have spent about 12 hours researching the various threads on “what to buy after the RCS”. My friends and I were looking for a new game and after spending a lot of time researching Dust Tactics/Warfare, I decided to purchase some of the units for our war gaming club. Having spent some time researching, I have hit “the wall” so to speak. Listed below is what I have purchased so far. Looking at the purchases, I have several questions.

1. Should we attempt to flesh out both the Allies and Axis factions? or
  2. Try and purchase some Sov units to give more flexibility to our games? and
  3. Do the Sovs have enough units so far to field a competitive army per se with what is avail ie. no Armor 3 infantry?

Right now the games are/will be strictly friendly..if that’s an option..lol..However our LGS has started a region league and they hope to field tournament quality matches soon. With this in mind we know our games will definitely need to rise in quality. Any and all help suggesting are greatly appreciated.

PURCHASES

Core Set (Revised)

Terrain Tile Set

Axis Hero Pack (Stefan/Totenmeister/Grenadier X

Allies Hero Pack (Action Jackson /The Priest /Johnny One-Eye)

Axis Blutkreuz Korps Untertoten Squad (Axis Zombies)

Allies Assault Rangers Squad (BBQ Squad)

Axis Aufklarer Sturmgrenadieren Squad (Recon Grenadiers)

Allies Recon Rangers Squad (Recon Boys)

Recon Grenadiers

Light Panzer Walker

Medium Assault Walker

Medium Panzer Walker

The Boss

The Gunners

Special Ops Rangers

Battles Grenadiers

Operation "Cerberus": Campaign Expansion

Light Assault Walker

Operation Seelowe

French Legion/Brit Commandos

Axis Gorillas

Tank Busters

Special Ops Grenadiers

Kommandotrupp

As for weather the soviets can field a competative army yes, they can. Also The missing soldier 3 is more then made up for in other areas.

Don't bother with any four-square vehicles at this stage, and make sure the allies get some Grim Reapers going.

Instead of the two hero packs, personally looking at the rest of your purchases, I would double up on vanilla Zombies and Grim Reapers and worry about heroes after a few more squads are added.

Also consider the Jagogrenadiers/ Laser Jagogrenadiers and USMC Choppers/Leathernecks for some 3 minis 1 base action in your games.

Sounds good. Our next purchases will be some Grim reapers and such. I was also looking to buy the USMC Heavy weapons and the Germans Heavy AT Grenadiers and then some more light infantry for both sides..not sure what we want to double up on. I may purchase a MCW M3 and a Kampflaufer III on my own just to give a bit more variety to the medium walkers options. We have decided to hold off on any air units to include the SSU until we get resonably good with what we have now. I just hate having to refer to the rules every turn just to make sure we are on track..lol…the "heavy iron" walkers can stay at the FLGS for a while cause like I said we need to get the basics and such to good memory and learn to use what we have.

Easiest way to learn the game is buy in the order they were released and play through the expansions.

SSU are a great force and well worth the buy in.

Kaptain Blipto said:

Sounds good. Our next purchases will be some Grim reapers and such. I was also looking to buy the USMC Heavy weapons and the Germans Heavy AT Grenadiers and then some more light infantry for both sides..not sure what we want to double up on. I may purchase a MCW M3 and a Kampflaufer III on my own just to give a bit more variety to the medium walkers options. We have decided to hold off on any air units to include the SSU until we get resonably good with what we have now. I just hate having to refer to the rules every turn just to make sure we are on track..lol…the "heavy iron" walkers can stay at the FLGS for a while cause like I said we need to get the basics and such to good memory and learn to use what we have.