New Expansion(s)

By Stormlord-XIII, in Gears of War: The Board Game

Are there any plans to expand this great game? I do like the idea of various Mission Packs, but this game has a lot of potential. Not to mention, some of the Characters included in Mission Pack 1 (General RAAM and Skorge) deserve their own figure. Not only that, but the game also has more Player Characters, like Col. Hoffman, The Carmines, Lt. Minh, I could go on forever.

I agree. I'd like to see more than just some mission packs. Perhaps new terrain too, like overland areas. More Gears as well would be good.

Really sad FFG do not comunicate with their fans.. :/

I agree, this game MUST be upgraded with a new expansion the mission pack was great now we need new minis,maps and scenarios not forgetting a new group of heros.

After going through a severe gaming stint (all the missions, including the expansion and most of the Horde mode) I agree that this game is in grave need of a boxed epansion.

New Gears (Anya Stroud, Samantha Byrne, Lt. Minh and Dizzy Wallin), new Locusts (Drone Grenadiers, Drone Grapplers, Maulers and/or Butchers, Armored Kantus, Raam and Skorge), some new big menace (a Reaver or at least a Bloodmount), a bunch of new tiles (open areas with stairs and train tiles are quite iconic to the game), some new weapons (the mighty one-shot and ink grenades first and foremost) and an adequate number of missions.

Insta-buy.

I would have to agree, outdoor terrain would really add a ton of variety. More mini's are needed for me to buy any missions that contain new enemies. I hope they can announce something.

golem101 said:

After going through a severe gaming stint (all the missions, including the expansion and most of the Horde mode) I agree that this game is in grave need of a boxed epansion.

New Gears (Anya Stroud, Samantha Byrne, Lt. Minh and Dizzy Wallin), new Locusts (Drone Grenadiers, Drone Grapplers, Maulers and/or Butchers, Armored Kantus, Raam and Skorge), some new big menace (a Reaver or at least a Bloodmount), a bunch of new tiles (open areas with stairs and train tiles are quite iconic to the game), some new weapons (the mighty one-shot and ink grenades first and foremost) and an adequate number of missions.

Insta-buy.

100% agree! :)

golem101 said:

Insta-buy.

100% agree! :)

i agree 101 %. :D

100% agree! Our groups are using some figures from Doom, the board game as proxy. WE really hope FFG releases new expansions. At least using box sizes as the small ddescent expansions.

Word!

Agreed! We would love to see more minis available!

I agree about a new boxed expansion too.

The faster it comes out, the faster will I be able to expect it to be translated in French (as I use that version in my place). ^_^

Does this game sells so poorly to the point that no love was given by FFG?

Or is it the economy?

Or maybe FFG figured, "more minis? Nah! Too expensive. They could get it from heroclix anyway, so why bother?"

Anyway guys, keep on shouting till FFG hears ya.

There are a lot of ways I could see them expand this game, but our gaming group usually has more than four players. The fifth doesn't mind administrating and handling all the non-Cog actions, but when we have more than that we can't really play.

I'd love to see an expansion that adds other characters, anything from Anya to the Carmines. I want to see the game have the potential to expand for more players.