Suggested Allied Army Build

By MarcOfTheCross, in Dust Tactics

So after reading through the unit cards and product catalogue available, I've decided to go with Allied. I read somewhere here to get the ones that I find appealing in terms of design so, I went ahead ordered some Jumpers.

So, knowing that this may end up as a "fun build" rather than a competitive one, I'd like to see a few lists of build for the Allied Forces. Again, all help are very much appreciated.

I think army builds are fluctuating a bit at the moment, because the Axis just got aircraft, and the Allies are about to get aircraft, which really change how the game is played.

So, here's a possible build that I've been thinking of using when the planes get released:

UNIT AP COST ACTIV
Bellowing Bertie 55 1
Steel Rain 38 1
Wildfire 24 1
Corps Officers 35 1
Devil's Own 30 1
Action Jackson 24
Grim Reapers 26 1
OZZ 117 24
Tank Busters 30 1
13 Foxtrot 5 1
13 Foxtrot 5 1
TOTAL 296 9
AP REMAINING 4

The Bellowing Bertie, Wildfire, Grim Reapers, and Corps Officers give you plenty of anti-infantry and anti-air firepower.

The Bertie, Steel Rain, and Tank Busters should be able to handle any enemy armor.

The Devil's Own are your go-to force for cleaning infantry out of entrenched positions or buildings.

The Corps Officers let you reload the limited-use weapons on the Bertie (or, possibly, the Steel Rain), and also give you the Stimulant Kit, which you can use on one of your Type-3 Infantry so they can really rip apart a threat.

Since you have a few AP left over, you could replace the Steel Rain with a Pounder, or perhaps swap out OZZ 117 for Rhino and add a third 13 Foxtrot unit.

very helpful. i would have to reorder some of the units in this list though.

After some games with Lethernecks and Choppers i just broke my habit and will order 2 sets of them. I think they will be a major element of my army in the upcoming months.

I played the first mission of icarus with the marines and they are definately the stars of the map. Because its infnatry only, there isn't a lot of threat that can hit them outside of the range 6 so they can usually stay in cover and attack anyway who attempt to assault into range. They are definately worth the points.

However, even though I was unlucky, they all die pretty fast so once the enemy is in range, they can maybe use one or two attacks before dying. But even then they are still very good.