Sturmprinz & Prinzluther Officially Take Up Four Squares

By Kriegschatten, in Dust Tactics

Anyone else remember this photo?

dw810.jpg

I recall it sparked a bit of debate about whether the Sturmprinz & Prinzluther occupied 2 or 4 squares.

Well, I sent an email to Zach this week requesting clarification, and the response was "The Sturmprinz and Prinzluther each occupy four spaces on the battlefield."

Which is pretty much what I expected, but it's nice to know for sure that I have absolutely no use for these two units…

There was a debate about this? It has the same base as the first heavy walker. Seems obvious enough.

Well, that photo was from a gaming session which I believe had some of the Dust designers in attendance, so that's why questions were raised.

Ability to fit into 2 squares would be a great thing for those units.. They are way too big for normal tournament games..

Lska said:

Ability to fit into 2 squares would be a great thing for those units.. They are way too big for normal tournament games..

Agreed. The Sturmprinz, in particular, would be a really cool unit that I would probably use a lot if it only took up 2 squares.

Agreed. I made a proxy and played with it as a 2-space unit and it was awesome. Taking up four spaces…. not so much!

These heavy 4-square units never seem to get any play, and it's certainly not the AP cost that's doing it.

The SSU 2-square tanks on the other hand, different story, even without diagonal movement.

I made a proxy to play with the Sturmprinz as a 2-square unit, because that's what I thought it would be. It was fun and effective. Unfortunately, at 4 spaces, it will be completely worthless, and not worth purchasing. :(