Desolation of Hoth Decks and Strategy

By mikerebby, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for a willing few that would be interested in contributing some original deck builds and/or strategy articles for a newly launched Star Wars LCG game site. The site is in its infancy so I'm hoping to get the ball rolling quickly and hopefully find some folks that can be regular writers.

All I'm looking for is content that is well thought out and well written. Focus should be on the new Force Pack and it's implications on gameplay. Deck lists should have detailed strategy included. You can PM your deck lists and articles or e-mail them to [email protected]. You'll receive full credit for your post and if chosen it'll hit the front page quckly.

The site had about 200 hits or so on its first day but I'll need some fresh content from the more seasoned players to keep it up and help it grow.

You can check the page out at http://swcommonground.com .

Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Thanks,

Mike

so you want us to write your content while you collect the ad revenue? i dont think so tim. unless you plan on paying contributors ( or start writting your own material ) you will not be able to make it work.

I don't collect ad revenue. Any ads on the site are there because I didn't pay WordPress an annual $30 fee to remove them. I paid $18 for the domain hosting and the rest of the blogging service is free. Additionally, in order to run paid advertisements on WordPress it costs $3,750 per month for VIP Hosting services. If you actually think I fronted that kind of money for a card game blog, you should send me articles and decklists out of sheer pity for my poor financial choices in life.

You can see the blog is hosted by WordPress at the bottom of any of the site's pages and you can can click on the "Why am I seeing ads?" link near the ads for more info. I also encourage you to read up on WordPress accounts to see that a VIP account is indeed required to collect any advertising revenue. If you still don't believe me, then I'll gladly take the credit for being a savvy internet con artist that preys on the sensibilities of tabletop gamers.

I played Star Wars CCG for a number of years and the game thrived, not only because it was a great game with great mechanics, but because community sites existed for players to interact and contribute free content (like decktech.net). I'm just trying to support the games.

That being said , anyone willing to submit content for other players to comment on and rate, I encourage it. I've also recenty posted a consolidated album of every FFG-released spoiler for the cards appearing in future expansions. Check it out here ! It's not new information, but it's interesting to be able to digest it all at once.

Thanks everyone!

Mike - swcommonground.com

Good stuff and I was actually just looking for spoilers so thank you.

But… (there's always a but) this is the 2nd new site I've seen already and both were asking for contributors. Both had things to offer, both were trying to fufill overlapping roles. Roles covered on CardgameDB, a site familiar to FFG LCG players, that has a great deck builder that lets you export to OCTGN, a good amount of traffic. Actually that site right now seems to be really lacking on spoilers and affiliation based articles ( and folks to write them). They already have a great podcast and a few article lines starting. I'm going to some here and go there regularly, no matter what. If you keep up the good work that would still make it stop numer 3. I don't want to discourage you. I know I'm just one guy. It just seems like the community would be better served with a centralized site. I've never submitted content to CadrgameDB, I know the content is good and the contributors are awesome. Unless the admins are tools doesn't it make more sense to work for one good site? Also it would mean way less work for you, and no ads for anyone.

I agree in that I don't see a need for yet another site. We already had cardgamedb, and also Team Covenant now your site and Top Tier gaming. That seems like a waste to me. Why spread everything out ? Why not just contribute to cardgamedb to help consolidate everything and make the most efficient use of player resources.

Toqtamish said:

I agree in that I don't see a need for yet another site. We already had cardgamedb, and also Team Covenant now your site and Top Tier gaming. That seems like a waste to me. Why spread everything out ? Why not just contribute to cardgamedb to help consolidate everything and make the most efficient use of player resources.

I find all this uproar about another site to be complete nonsense.

Toqtamish said:

TC is ok but it is a pain in the ass to sift through all of the other stuff that I dont care about.

CGDB is nice but again, its a pain to sift through all the stuff that I dont care about. It also aggravates me that I can't sign up for an account on that site, tried several times now and I never get the validation email.

I would rather go to a website that is for my game then my game plus 17 others.

TGO said:

I find all this uproar about another site to be complete nonsense.

Who's uproar ?

TGO said:

Toqtamish said:

TC is ok but it is a pain in the ass to sift through all of the other stuff that I dont care about.

CGDB is nice but again, its a pain to sift through all the stuff that I dont care about. It also aggravates me that I can't sign up for an account on that site, tried several times now and I never get the validation email.

I would rather go to a website that is for my game then my game plus 17 others.