Civilization Statistics Report

By Tibs, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

I don't typically bump threads but I wanted to make this visible again.

Results for the six newest civs are trickling in more slowly than I would like. So make sure you submit your games!

And, as always, give me comments and suggestions and maybe I can get them implemented.

—Tibs

Edited by Tibs

Please submit this to BGG's Civ page in the file section, AND strategic position the links in the Pbf wait list. Finally, remind every Pbf moderators to submit their games.

Chris, ever considered to create a Statistics Report for Mansions of Madness? This could be *a lot* interesting!!

As for this one, ok, I'll enter all my next games :)

Interesting! I tried logging my games at one point, but was using the boardgamegeek form of logging app and was slow didn't like the lack of querying to make a spreadsheet like that.

I think there could be a lot of variables to what deteremins a civ or victory condition to win?

2 players I assume becomes mostly a military victory only kind of condition, probably favoring those with warmongering abilities.

4 players I think any civ could be even due to the diplomacy of the game and your manipulation to sway others to stay away from yo uso you can win.

When introducing the game to new players, I would try to suggest HEAVILY to get their army competitive with everyone else, as I would see people fall too often due to military weakness.

This chart will help me say "he's the mongols, he statistically has a chance of winning unless we keep him at bay early" so hopefully people will listen to me this time... unless I'm the Mongols... actually i'll still say it..

I think when you have vets playing the game, all the Civs are very close to equal with each other, as seasoned players know how to get stuff done with any civilization while impeding others.

However, when it comes to new players, some Civilizations are much easier to win with than others. Greeks, Japanese, and Spanish come to mind, and there are probably one or two more.

I think that the form should also ask people to state which, if any, extensions they are using. I suppose in many cases you can see it from the civs / relics used but still.

Perhaps social policies and investments as well?

The form was designed to try to prove which F&F civs were too powerful. I don't think indicating expansions used is too relevant, as it's the Civs that are the most important parts of the expansions.

But I have now added a "Social Policies" entry. I always thought Military Tradition was too powerful but they ignored my pleas during playtesting... now we shall see! (kidding)

There is a bit of change if you have W&W as it changes the governments. Kinda feel that Romans is slightly downgraded due to Republic downgrade.

But I managed to play a game today and log it already (without the changes though). As winning French I had Military Tradition. By the way, I noticed that the last submission date is off by week.

Not sure why the date was off, nor why it's now been fixed. I do know that RDonoso's original spreadsheet (from which this data is taken) is not sorted by submission date.