Hylar 111 pulsar cannon

By tperk4369, in Rex: Final Days of an Empire

I played a pulsar cannon during a battle. The person I was in combat with played a Magen energy shield. My card said that if my opponent committed a Magen energy shield, it explodes, destroying all units and influence in the space. We know the units and influence are destroyed. Does my opponent get to keep his energy shield card?

thanks in advance

No. All units, leaders and cards involved in the battle are killed/destroyed. On a side note, it's Hylar 3 written with roman numerals.

Players only get to keep cards if they win the battle. In the case of a laser-shield explosion, both players lose, so nobody can keep their cards.

Players only get to keep cards if they win the battle. In the case of a laser-shield explosion, both players lose, so nobody can keep their cards.

Yep, a great tactic to get rid of a large force and a powerful hero.

Used this rule a number times with a low Hero and few troops, to rid the board of enemy.

But instead of having to rely on the enemy having the shield or the laser, I used them both and instead of firing at the enemy hero, I shot my own shield, as the rules in REX and Dune don't state you can't, the ultimate sacrifice for the betterment of race/house! ;)

This is right, just pointing out that you pretty much have to read the FAQ to know this for sure as I believe it was missing from the rules and cards.

That's what FAQs are for, I suppose. :P