Rules Questions

By CenturionCajun, in Relic

So, I thought I would start this thread for the inevitable tide of rules questions I'm probably going to end up having. The formost of which is a rules clarification about leveling up. The group I was playing with yesterday was insisting you could only level up using six points of strength from cards of a matching color. However, the way I read the rules any six strength of cards is enough to level up. So, who is correct?

It can be a mix of any colour.

Thank you for the clarification. That might explain why the game took us nearly five hours. reir

Does it seem right that you get out of fighting enemies as soon as you lose? If you have multiple enemies of different stats and lose to one, the engagement round ends immediately and you don't fight the next enemy from the way the rules are written.

Kaaihn said:

Does it seem right that you get out of fighting enemies as soon as you lose? If you have multiple enemies of different stats and lose to one, the engagement round ends immediately and you don't fight the next enemy from the way the rules are written.

That's exactly right. You might not fight the remaining enemies, buy you also don't get any assets or encounters either.

Seems odd that the other enemies don't get the opportunity to take a whack at you is all.

Kaaihn said:

Seems odd that the other enemies don't get the opportunity to take a whack at you is all.

Well if you have three different colour Enemies which you have no chance of beating and you'd prefer to lose three lives, rather than one, that's your prerogative I guess.

Hi, I have a question about activated corruption cards. I unerstand how they activate so you need 3 cards if the acrtivation cost is 3 for exaple, but where i get confused is that, it says abilities stay active unitl discarded or flipped over. bu there is no mention in the rules how this occurs, i know some of the cards hvae flipped once resolved and there are cards and spaces that allw you to get rid of them. my question is relating to the discarding of cards. if for example i have 5 corruption cards and i have them all active because they are say 5, 2, 2, 2 and 1, when i discard one of the cards does the card that has the power 5 on it then flip over or does it stay active as the activation cost has been paid.

Once it's face-up, a Corruption card remains that way even if you then go below it's activation number in corruption. Haven't come across any means to flip a face-up card facedown other than some of the Corruption cards themselves saying "do this, then flip facedown."

It's exactly as the rules say. It stays faceup as the "activation" requirement is only tested when the card is drawn, after that however much corruption you have is irrelevant. That said if you're going to discard a corruption card (via in game effect of some sort) and you don't like one of the faceup effects then by all means… discard that one.

Source: Rule Book, Page 17:
"…the card ACTIVATES and remains face up in his play area."
"The card remains activated , and any constat effects from the ability continue until it is discarded or flipped facedown "

Though I haven't yet seen a card that flips a corruption card face other than the corruption card itself that says "draw one corruption card then flip this face down". (Given I haven't looked through and memorized every card, just going off what I remember from play and a cursory glance of the rules).

Dam said:

Once it's face-up, a Corruption card remains that way even if you then go below it's activation number in corruption. Haven't come across any means to flip a face-up card facedown other than some of the Corruption cards themselves saying "do this, then flip facedown."

Might be a stupid question but here's my… :If you have an enemy trophy with attribute of 13,do you level up two levels at the same with all their rewards of level up one level at the time losing the remaining 7 xp?

You get +1 level for every six points of trophies you cash in, so 12+ single trophy nets you two levels. Best I've seen so far is 5 levels in one cashing. Character had 8 and 9 point trophies in the bag (one shy of 18 for +3 levels and didn't want to cash either in individually), then defeated Bloodcrusher (12 pointer that doesn't join others in battle) and a 3 and a 6 point enemies that joined up in one turn reir . Of course, I've also seen 60 points of trophies left over after reaching lvl 12 AND discarding 8 points for Warp Rift…

Ran this at game convention last week, had players only level up once per turn. This allows them to stockpile excess trophies, and gives others the change to stay competitive, so someone doesn't run away with a victory after one lucky round.

So you penalized someone for beating a 12+ enemy by themselves by making them waste half its trophy points enfadado ? Or did those points go in a pool and get spent the following turn?

Yeah, guess I did, rules say spent in multiples of 6. Don't recall any times someone took on the "big ones" by themselves and won. Still getting over Talisman rules where you just loose excess trophy points.

Im a little confused with the Commisars middle special ability. I have two questions 1) Where is my play area? and 2) if I can't use the strangers abilities then why would I want them in my play area? Sorry if this is a bit dumb

The Chaos said:

Im a little confused with the Commisars middle special ability. I have two questions 1) Where is my play area? and 2) if I can't use the strangers abilities then why would I want them in my play area? Sorry if this is a bit dumb

#1: Play area is just where you put your assets.

#2: They work with his last special ability, allowing him to discard the stranger (or ally) to turn a skill or combat roll (I think those were the options listed) into a 6 and thus an exploding die.