2013 DC Regional Info (x-post from OP thread)

By kr4ng, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

sq34w0.jpg

For those interested in details:

The DC AGoT Meta and Labyrinth Games are pleased to announce the 2013 DC Regionals event!

Date/Time: Saturday, June 22 @ 10:30 AM

Location: Labyrinth Games, 645 Pennsylvania Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20003

Entrance Fee: $15 (cash payable on-site)

Format: Joust (1v1) - The event will follow FFG tournament rules for Joust (1v1), which can be found on the AGoT support page on the FFG website. There will be five 50-minute rounds of Swiss pairings, with cut to top eight or four (depending on attendance). *Note: Chapter packs that have been released at least one week prior to the event will be legal.*

(Decklists will be required for this event but will NOT be shared after the tourney. These will be used only to resolve any questions about deck legality, as needed.)

Prizes: In addition to the official FFG regionals kit, players can win other prizes, which may include gift cards to our host store, alt-art cards, and other prizes.

Side-events: TBA

-------

We hope to see many of you come out to the Nation's Capital for what is sure to be one of the most fun and competitive regionals of the season!

Contact : Dan Ach - ach.dan / gmail (for questions regarding location, lodging, card legality, advanced rulings, etc.)

Wtf is that poster? O.o

I love the picture of eric in the poster…

Erick wishes it was his picture on the poster.

I am sure it's Eric..I think he is all dressed up for a night out at JR's Bar & Grill.

I think it's photo of Penfold. Though I can't say that for sure..=/

Bump. One month and counting!

We've heard through the grapevine that we may have quite a few travelers for this regional, which is great! However, because of that with our small-ish venue, we need to ask participants to RSVP so that we have an idea in advance about accomodating a larger number of players.

Please RSVP to me, Dan Ach, via email at ach.dan / gmail. We may also have some room to host out-of-towners as well on a first come first served basis.

Also, we are hosting a warm-up tourney at the same venue (Labyrinth Game Shop) on June 9 at 11am.

Danigral said:

We've heard through the grapevine that we may have quite a few travelers for this regional, which is great! However, because of that with our small-ish venue, we need to ask participants to RSVP so that we have an idea in advance about accomodating a larger number of players.

Please RSVP to me, Dan Ach, via email at ach.dan / gmail. We may also have some room to host out-of-towners as well on a first come first served basis.

Also, we are hosting a warm-up tourney at the same venue (Labyrinth Game Shop) on June 9 at 11am.

Want me to put this up on Reddit? My post of Bomb's tourney got a couple of upvotes, so I figure he might get a couple participants that wouldn't have come otherwise.

Sure, thanks!

Danigral said:

Bump. Please RSVP with me if you know for sure you're coming. Thanks!

I'll be there, and looking forward to seeing all of you!

Twn2dn said:

I'll be there, and looking forward to seeing all of you!

Woot! Dan, it'll be good to see you again. Bring pics of junior. :)

darknoj said:

I am sure it's Eric..I think he is all dressed up for a night out at JR's Bar & Grill.

Haha, nah, it is actually a picture of nikolaj coster-waldau in a suit that I took from google images and photo shopped into something more abstract.

I used to have a lot of time on my hands at work (government job).

We have 23 confirmed for a venue that fits 24 comfortably. We can fit some more, but please let me know if you are even a maybe at this point. :)

kr4ng said:

darknoj said:

Haha, nah, it is actually a picture of nikolaj coster-waldau in a suit that I took from google images and photo shopped into something more abstract.

I used to have a lot of time on my hands at work (government job).

Would have been more excited if it was eric. ;)

Know more focused on this event i am sure it will be a great time and have a ton of strong players to play aginst so if you considering going DO IT.

We are now a confirmed 27 people for DC regionals, which is shaping up to be our largest and most competitive regionals to date!

Although unprecedented and unanticipated, we have to cut it off at 32 entrants and create a waitlist beyond that.

Sooooo, email your meta-mates and tell them to RSVP with me asap if you know anyone. ach.dan / gmail

Danigral said:

We are now a confirmed 27 people for DC regionals, which is shaping up to be our largest and most competitive regionals to date!

Although unprecedented and unanticipated, we have to cut it off at 32 entrants and create a waitlist beyond that.

Sooooo, email your meta-mates and tell them to RSVP with me asap if you know anyone. ach.dan / gmail

I have you, Dave and John down. Anyone else you're thinking of?

Danigral said:

Those are the three confirmed. Jim (OrangeDragon) is on the fence. I'm trying to twist his arm a little bit :)

Vaapad said:

Danigral said:

Those are the three confirmed. Jim (OrangeDragon) is on the fence. I'm trying to twist his arm a little bit :)

Maybe if he doesn't have to drive. Something about working a lot of long hours that week I thought?

It's coming this weekend!

We still have a little space. Email me if you're thinking of coming! - ach. dan / gmail

This Saturday, the store opens at 9 am. Feel free to get there early. You can register as soon as I get there before or around 10am. We'll try to wrap up registration by the announced start time of 10:30.

And just FYI: Jaqen will NOT be legal, since there is no official FAQ removing him from the banned list and errata'ing his uniqueness/non-uniqueness. Same for Compelled by the Rock, if you were thinking about running that card…