Traveling Bazzar

By Bolithio, in Talisman Rules Questions

In the city there is the bazaar card which sucks up all the face up cards in the region and moves them to the top of the base game adventure deck. Two questions came up: do the 3 wanted posters from the City Gate go with them? And second if the bulletin board card which has several wanted posters under it is in play, how do you place that on the main deck? We discarded the wanted posters and placed it on the deck, and re-drew them when the card was re-drawn. Ideas?

Oh, and the Pied Piper is just annoying.

Bolithio said:

In the city there is the bazaar card which sucks up all the face up cards in the region and moves them to the top of the base game adventure deck. Two questions came up: do the 3 wanted posters from the City Gate go with them? And second if the bulletin board card which has several wanted posters under it is in play, how do you place that on the main deck? We discarded the wanted posters and placed it on the deck, and re-drew them when the card was re-drawn. Ideas?

I think you did the only possible thing. You can't shuffle any Wanted Poster with other City Cards and put it on the top of the Adventure deck. Everybody will recognize Wanted Posters from other cards and posters are not meant to be "encountered", just bought or claimed.

Having two copies of this card in the City Deck and not realizing the interaction with Wanted Posters, is a symptom of poor playtesting. One or two games should have been enough to get it and put a few more words in the card.

Bolithio said:

Oh, and the Pied Piper is just annoying.

Why? I think this is a good card. How did you come to such a conclusion?

The concept is OK, but its just another thing to track in an otherwise busy place. It also has been more or less useless in our 15 or so city games so far in that it rarely has been moving enemies. In the last game I moved it out of the city and that actually may have had interesting results, but another player cast destruction on it. I dont hate it, its just more work.

But back to wanter posters, do you think its legal to pull on from the City Square?

Bolithio said:

But back to wanter posters, do you think its legal to pull on from the City Square?

Ah, because the space says "cards", just like the Travelling Bazaar? Wording supports your doubt in this case too.

But I'm sure they did not intend so, they must have meant only Adventure Cards (City Cards). Otherwise the instruction to "draw 1 card instead" would never be applicable, since you always have Wanted Posters on the City Gate.

Page 10 City rules Shop Decks says this:

“The Armoury, Magic Emporium, Pet, Potion, Stables, Wanted Poster , and Purchase decks are also referred to as shop decks. Cards from shop decks are treated in all respects like Adventure Cards , except that when they are discarded, they are returned to the bottom of their appropriate deck and are available to other characters once more.”

So yeah, you’d have to shuffle them in.

Its not really a problem drawing Wanted Posters since they’re trinkets. In any case it’ll be like a similar effect of shuffling in purchase cards from the base game.