Viking

By Lotus, in Dust Warfare

My kid named this one…actually, he called it a "grounded Viking" as in StarCraftII.

vikingr.jpg

BTW, the gatling guns rotate, and the arms pivot.

I have yet to remember to make the drop-down head rotate as it should.

On a side note, I just started productively working w/ oxyacetyline again, so I'll be making some of these robots (the foot soldier versions) in true rusty steel. Looking forward to this week's scavenging odd gears, pistons, etc. towards this art effort. If anyone wants to see what I produce, let me know….this is a gaming forum--I know, but as this is related, I'll post a pic if anyone's interested, just for fun and bragging rights. :D

Repeated post for some odd reason…forum not allowing me to delete it…can only modify with this dumb message…grrr.

Looks awesome but how do you play with these?? So confusing!

Hey Enrgie,

I proxie standard Dust squad cards at the moment until I get around to making proper ones up. Each small robot has one weapon, an MG, rifle, bazooka, etc., so I just match them to what the squad requires. They are 2/2, same as a soldier.

The larger robots are the equivalent of walkers, and also use proxy cards for now.

Same game, really…just another flavor to it. Looking forward to the Dust Aliens coming out at some point. Robots will be cool w/ that, I think. Also looking to do some robots vs. zombies eventually.

Looking good. Though the name could use some work. Who cares for Terrans when you have some cool Protoss names like Dragoon, Immortal or Stalker.

Anywho, it'll be cool to see a full robo army used sometime.

hey_yu said:

Looking good. Though the name could use some work. Who cares for Terrans when you have some cool Protoss names like Dragoon, Immortal or Stalker.

Anywho, it'll be cool to see a full robo army used sometime.

Hey Hey Yu,

Everyone cares about the Terrans…without them there's be only Zerg to shoot at. :D

Lotus said:

Hey Enrgie,

I proxie standard Dust squad cards at the moment until I get around to making proper ones up. Each small robot has one weapon, an MG, rifle, bazooka, etc., so I just match them to what the squad requires. They are 2/2, same as a soldier.

The larger robots are the equivalent of walkers, and also use proxy cards for now.

Same game, really…just another flavor to it. Looking forward to the Dust Aliens coming out at some point. Robots will be cool w/ that, I think. Also looking to do some robots vs. zombies eventually.

They remind me of steam punk stuff for some reason.

Yeah, I purposely wanted them to look like brute machines rather than human copies…no care to the beauty of an android…just killing machines.

Making each one different keeps to the garage/lab-built feel. Plus it's more fun that way.