Commissar Clarification

By Magnav0x, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

I've searched the rules forum for information about exactly how the combined units are supposed to work and it seems that previous topics left the issue clear as mud. So:

When you purchase a solo Commissar for an SSU army do you either:

1. At list creation time buy two identical squads and attach a commissar to them to form one large 11 man unit. This unit counts as a suport unit and so fills one of the platoons 1-per-2 sections support slots.

2. At list creation time buy two identical squads and attach a commissar to them to form one large 11 man unit. This unit counts as one of the platoon's sections, but is treated as a support unit for scenario purposes (literal reading of the Commissar rule from DW:CZ pg 18)

3. At list creation time buy two identical squads and put them in as sections in the platoon. Also purchase a solo Commissar. At deployment time decide to attach these two squads together with the Commissar, forming one large section and incidentally reducing the number of squads you have by 2 for initiative purposes.

Has a difinitive answer been reached that I missed. I don't see anyting in the errata that clears it up.

Magnav0x said:

I've searched the rules forum for information about exactly how the combined units are supposed to work and it seems that previous topics left the issue clear as mud. So:

When you purchase a solo Commissar for an SSU army do you either:

1. At list creation time buy two identical squads and attach a commissar to them to form one large 11 man unit. This unit counts as a suport unit and so fills one of the platoons 1-per-2 sections support slots.

2. At list creation time buy two identical squads and attach a commissar to them to form one large 11 man unit. This unit counts as one of the platoon's sections, but is treated as a support unit for scenario purposes (literal reading of the Commissar rule from DW:CZ pg 18)

3. At list creation time buy two identical squads and put them in as sections in the platoon. Also purchase a solo Commissar. At deployment time decide to attach these two squads together with the Commissar, forming one large section and incidentally reducing the number of squads you have by 2 for initiative purposes.

Has a difinitive answer been reached that I missed. I don't see anyting in the errata that clears it up.

em_en_oh_pee said:

a single squad that is treated as a Support section (for the purposes of some deployments). The squads you combine do not need to be from the same platoon, but must have the same upgrades.

So the OP knows, this does not influence army building, only deployments types, like the one where you bring in support units last