Quick question from noob

By Skowza, in CoC General Discussion

Hey all, we've been working to build a LCG community, starting with a base of a bunch of AGoT players who wanted more LCGs and less MtG at our comic shop; SW is really popular all of a sudden and A:NR has a following too but no one was playing CoC or W:I so I figured I'd try CoC tonight, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Theres only two other guys that know how to play so far and we wont be playing it nearly as competitively as AGoT or SW, what should I buy after picking up a Core? Another Core, or a deluxe expansion or go straight to a few asylum packs that are really strong? I'm sure this has been asked and answered several dozen times, so if no one wants to write a lengthy response I'd appreciate if someone can just link a thread or an article telling me where to go next, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks everyone!

Secrets of Arkham boxed expansion would be a wise purchase with 2X of each card it will help round out the first 7 factions.

You might find the deck builder at cardgamedb helpfull in making a decision.

As a fairly new player myself I started out with two copies of the Core Set and a copy of Secrets if Arkham. This is gave me 2 different story decks and room to construct 2-faction decks - since you get about 25-26 cards per faction this way and two copies of each card. The decks might not have been highly competative - but in the limited environment created they were perfect for me and friends to learn the game and we had a lot of fun.