Fett + Troopers scummy deck

By chiller087, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

So, for thematic reasons I wanted to make a deck I could throw Fett into, and see if I could come up with something that could at least work, even if it wasn't a deck that would end up being brokenly overpowered (*cough* Han Solo *cough*). So I started with 2x Bespin Exchange, and said "Ok, capture…what else captures? Take Them Prisoner has that capture event card, and the objective itself can work with Bespin Exchange and Bounty Collection if it comes up later." So I threw 2x that in.

Then I realized it also had that trooper event, so I thought "Hey, why not make a super trooper deck, toss out 2x Ultimate Power and 1x Recon Mission, throw in 2x Bespin Exchange and 1x Lord Vader's Command?" So that's what I did:

Scum and Villainy

2x The Bespin Exchange

1x Corporate Exploitation

2x Death and Despayre

2x Imperial Command

2x Take Them Prisoner

1x Lord Vader's Command

I went 2x D&D over LVC simply because I like control room better than Comm Officer, and Bounty Collection doesn't work with Comm Officer anyway. The way I see it, the best use for Bounty is to remove a token off of a Control Room or an objective that has 2 tokens on it, so I get it back a turn early. Taking a token off of a card that has only 1 token just frees it up for me to play events during the conflict phase (which might be the right call sometimes), which seems underwhelming.

Has anybody tested a deck like this yet? I haven't, just something I brainstormed today.

Micah

You're slightly off in the above. Detained works, but because both Bespin Exchange and Bounty Collection specify capturing enemy units from play to trigger them, Take Them Prisoner doesn't. (Nor does cruel interrogations.)

On the plus side, any deck that uses Boba Fett has a weapon against Guardian Protect tricks, and that's always a plus (at least in the socal meta).

2x new Vader is mandatory,not optional - not because od Vader, but because of Imperial Suppression.

You're either running new vader set or the old vader set, and right now, after playing Imperial Suppression, it just offers such a huge advantage that I wouldn't be running the old vader (especially if all you are versing are vehicle decks - which is all I saw today).

I think you could skip Corporate exploitation. You have plenty of troopers and small guys. Having the extra vader set would improve this a lot.

JMCB said:

You're either running new vader set or the old vader set, and right now, after playing Imperial Suppression, it just offers such a huge advantage that I wouldn't be running the old vader (especially if all you are versing are vehicle decks - which is all I saw today).

Wait, are you saying you're not allowed to run both? Or is this just a rhetorical device?

Because you can certainly run both pods. You just can't have both Vaders in play at the same time. Note that I'm not saying it's the right move for this deck.