Ace pilot Stim kit

By slick86, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

Aprreciate all the responses I get, I know I ask alota questions.

So here are some more

I know the rules in Cerebrus say you cant do 2 attacks in a row, but the new faq says its 2 activations. So can you do move attack for first activation then attack move for second?

What are legal actions for additional action received from ace pilot?

Sustained attack, Attack

Attack, Move, attack

Attack, Sustained attack

Move attack attack (not legal im guessing)

My opinion based on the rulings we've got so far:

You can Move+Attack, then Attack+Move with a stim kit, since they are different activations.

I agree with your assessment of what the legal combinations for an Ace Pilot are. The only thing you can't to is Attack+Attack in a row in a single activation.

However, what I thought this thread was about is: Does an Ace Pilot get to roll once for each of the two activations he gets from stimulant kit? So he could end up doing Move+Sustained Attack then Attack+Sustained Attack? The rules mixes up "turn" and "round" in the description.

Come to think of it, maybe you can't really use a Stim Kit to affect a pilot driving a vehicle. The vehicle acts on its own activation, not the pilot's, so it wouldn't benefit from a stim kit…

I would vote that the stim can't affect the vehicle. And Ace pilot is once per turn not per activation so nothings going to give you 6 actions in one turn. you max out at 5 if the command squad reactivates it. Though it looks like you can use the extra for either activation as worded.

A vehicle and its pilot are activated together, so I'm not entirely sure you couldn't use a Stim Kit on that combo (would be funny to see a plane on its belly afterwards, though…)

But regarding an Ace Pilot being reactivated by the Command Squad, I'm not sure he couldn't try to use the 3rd action twice in the same round. In MANY of the rules they get "activation" and "round" mixed up. In this case, they even use the term "turn" which doesn't even have an established meaning in Dust. "My turn" can very well be understood to mean one activation, instead of the entire round.