Reclaim the hold + Ambush Tactics

By Ellyrik, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Reclaim the hold

Dwarf quest

Quest: After a card you control leaves play, you may discard 1 resource token from this card to place that card into its current zone as a development instead of discarding it. Quest: Forced: Place 1 resource token on this card at the beginning of your turn if a unit is questing here.

In winvasion podcast , Lukas says that a Tactics card played in ambush can be put back into play as a development with this quest. But I don't see how it is possible. Does the development leave play? Or is the tactics a card you control that leaves play?

If the quest is triggered when the development leaves play the ambush shouldn't trigger, should it.

Thanks for your help

I think it's because when you play the tactic that was turned as a development, it is true that there is no more in Play (Kingdom,Battlefield or Quest zone), but it is also not out of the game (Hand, Deck or Discard Pile), then has not completed the action to move from an In Play Zone to an Out of Play Zone; from the FAQ:

Leaving Play (v1.7)
A card leaves play when it goes from
an in play zone to an out of play zone,
such as back into a hand, deck, or
discard pile.

so, the condition when a card leaves the play isn't still satisfied, In this way you can play the tactic and then instead of ending up in the discard pile, by virtue of the constant effect of the Quest RTH back to being a development.

IMHO

I've been thinking better, and my previous answer is incorrect. In fact, playing the tactic, interrupt the trigger that activates the effect of the Quest, by virtue of what was said in the FAQ so if you play the tactic can not activate the effect of RTH. O f course, always IMHO.