Mcw M3 feedback?

By Niggo, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

Hello! I'd like your opinion/strategy about the Allies Mcw M3, any review will be useful :)

TY

I primarily play Axis, but generally try to buy most units for both the Axis and Allies.

I have had no opportinity to use the pontoon versions of either walker, so cannot comment on their utility for thr extra points.

However, the main reason I picked the unit when I did was for the "Rattler"when an SSU player finaly joined our group, as the Allies seem to have many fewer anti-air options for chopper control than the Axis that have at least a couple walkers and squads that can harass the coppers adequately, so the Rattler was really the only armor 4 option for a walker (the transport choppers can only harm up to armor 3 I recall ?) that had more than a 50 cal.

I ultimatley had a good experience with the "Cobra" in a game as well, where the opponet was dug in in a building. Using phaser squads in the rear to push the troops towards the front windows the Cobra's ability to ignore cover via its main phaser wiped out three squads in the building over four turns.

The biggest pain of these walkers is transporting them due to their "dynamic pose", so many often just paint the turrets to match their previosly painted Mediums, and tsimply throw them on the old chassis.

I'm not really a big fan of either unit.

The problem I have with the Rattler is that it costs 40% more than the Wildfire for stats that are not that much better--especially for anti-air (they roll the exact same amount of dice against aircraft and have the same range). And I much prefer having FAST over JUMP.

As for the Cobra, I find the low number of dice and short range of the phaser to be a big drawback. I'd rather just field a Pounder or Steel Rain for anit-armor duties.