Feeling angry and stupid, Mind helping?

By asylumspadez, in 4. AGoT Deck Construction

I had bought the Five Kings starter set, can I use that for the living card game or not? Same goes for the Iron Throne starter set, I haven't bought it yet but I wanna make sure if I can use it in the LCG and what cards are in it. I know the Five Kings supports Stark and Targaryen decks, does Iron Throne starter set have Baratheon and Lannister? Aside from that, I need help with adding depth to the original 4 decks the LCG came with (Stark, Baratheon, Lannister, and Targaryen). I wouldn't mind buying the expansions but I would like to know just how many new cards are in it (I don't wanna buy it and find out I already have a good amount of them from the core set already, I want mostly original cards). Ignore any other house because I wanna focus on those 4 to start with, Adding another 30-60 cards to each would be nice.

It depends on what you mean by "use in the LCG."

- All the cards from the CCG days "work" with the cards from the LCG. The rules didn't change, so you can play them in the same deck without any complications in rules, mechanics, etc.

- However, none of the cards from the CCG days are legal in sanctioned LCG events or tournaments (unless they have been reprinted exactly , word-for-word, in the LCG). So most people who plan on playing in tournaments do not bother with the CCG cards in their casual, routine play so they don't learn to rely on cards they cannot use at the events.

The Iron Throne starter was Stark and Lannister. These starter sets (Iron Throne and 5 Kings) were never meant to augment the Core Set. For one thing, they came out years before the Core Set did….

Look on the fansites, like agotcards.org or cardgamedb.com, to see listings of what is in the various expansion packs. The expansion sets, in general, do not duplicate what is in the Core Set (other than basic resources and cost reducing locations).

I meant just casual play, Nothing serious. Thanks for telling me though, now I can avoid spending 15 dollars and put that towards an expansion.