Top 4 decks from 1st Tournament in Czech republic [Prague 23/2/2013]

By Farbicz, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

Hello guys,

I just would like to share with you the top 4 decks from our Tournament. As you can see todays "meta" is Jedi + Han heavy hitters (according to Smuggler's Den podcast no.4 or 5) for LS and Sith Vader, Palpatine, Cruel Interrogations + some Navy obj.

1st place

Dark Side
Affiliation: Imperial Navy
Total Objective Sets: (10)
2x Fall of the Jedi
2x The Emperor's Web
1x Counsel of the Sith
2x Imperial Command
2x Cruel Interrogations
1x Reconnaissance Mission
Light Side
Affiliation: Smugglers and Spies
2x A hero's Journey
1x In You Must Go
2x Questionable Contacts
2x Forgotten Heroes
2x The Secret of Yavin 4
1x Tribal Support

2nd place

Dark Side
2x Fall of the Jedi
2x The Emperor's Web
2x Counsel of the Sith
2x Death and Despayre
2x Cruel Interrogations
Light Side
2x A hero's Journey
2x In You Must Go
2x Questionable Contacts
2x Forgotten Heroes
2x The Secret of Yavin 4

3-4rd places

Dark Side
Affiliation: Sith
2x Fall of the Jedi
2x The Emperor's Web
2x Counsel of the Sith
2x The Heart of the Empire
2x Cruel Interrogations
Light Side
2x A hero's Journey
2x In You Must Go
2x Questionable Contacts
2x Forgotten Heroes
2x The Secret of Yavin 4
Dark Side
2x Fall of the Jedi
2x The Emperor's Web
2x Imperial Command
2x The Ultimate Power
2x Death and Despayre
Light Side
Affiliation: Rebel Alliance
2x A hero's Journey
2x In You Must Go
2x Last Minute Rescue
2x The Defense of Yavin 4
2x Mission Briefing

*updated the mistake at 3-4th place deck - Sith Affilation is now set correctly.

I learned from my mistakes and adjusted my pure Jedi deck accordingly. There will be reckoning!

it is polish deck wich win torunament in Torun

Rebel Alliance
2xDecoy at Dantooine
2xA Hero's Journey
2xIn You Must Go
2xForgotten Heroes
2xThe Secret of Yavin 4

Imperial Navy
2xImperial Command
2xThe Ultimate Power
2xFall of the Jedi
2xCounsel of the Sith
2xThe Emperor's Web

as u see, it is not so different:P

it's a bit dishartening to see most of the decks are virtually identical. There are, contrary to common belief, many very competitive decks that do not follow this singular mold, and a lot of opportunity for effective variation. However, people often fall into the molds once they are "established".

I'm wondering why the third place Ds deck had imperial navy as affiliation, it doesnt seem to have any navy sets. The fourth Ds deck would likely be served better by a sith affiliation, it would be vulnerable to resource match loss with it's four sith obectives (a smart ls opponent upon seeing navy affiliation and one or more navy objectives in the start will strive to destroy the sith objectives first).

Ls decks… well, I am not surprised to see Hanjedi among them. I am however very suprised to not see any pure rebel decks, builds that dominate our scene here. I have understood that many do not regard them very highly, possibly from a lack of understanding regarding how they work. Perhaps we will see them more in the future, once more people catch on. Though in a way I hope not, once a particular deck is introduced and played well it wins 80-90% of the times, and it grows both boring to play and to face.

Nice to see a tournament result! Thanks for posting!

There is a mistake - the pure Sith ran with Sith affiliation (he had HotE after all). As for the mix deck, that player only faced resource problems in the semifinals and his idea was to use Navy because of Ultimate Power.

Can you post a win percentage of the DS and the LS?

I apologize I made a mistake at 3rd place - there is of course the Sith affilation.

I'm little upset about nowadays top decks so I was very happy to see the mixed deck made it to top 4. Next tournament is again 23rd so I'll post the top 4 and hopefully there will be some change :) …. I will try probably the rebels (but Luke with Han is soooooo OP, same for Vader and Royal Guards)

How many people played? This really is the big question, as it could just be your local meta that is bringing the uncreative decks.

We've had 10 people attending so it really is our "local meta".

Parenthesis used stands for my dissastisfaction with the uncreativness of decks - we're having next tourney on 23th March which I am hoping will bring both more players and more variation to the metagame. I for one will be bringing Pure Jedi, 'cause I seriously like it more than the classic Han/Jedi mix, while my brother and girlfriend will both bring Rebels just for the sheer awesomness that deck conveys.

As for DS, I see the main problem with the Sith just being overall more flexible than other factions. I am still hoping for some variation in objectives though (Take them Prisoner is my current favorite for splash as is both Espo Troopers and Boba).

Congrats on your tournament! I hope your next one is bigger!

In our meta we use several DS decks. We have tried a lot of different decks to see which one wins the most, which are more efficient with resources, wining edge battles, etc etc.

What we have come up with is the Sith Control deck is tough to play if you are inexperienced. You have to know what you are doing way in advance to help cut down time playing this deck. If you do that it is a more viable deck and dangerous. Having said that, ImpNavy decks are nice and quick. We have several versions. An all out ImpNavy only affiliation and one that is a Sith affiliation centered around Vader's TIE. We have a Trooper deck that is a massive swarm that works well against the Control Jedi and HanJedi decks.

So having said all that, I think we will get more diverse decks starting this week and they will not be seen as all similiar decks. But that will happen. As you see something that works the percentage will be that someone else playing this game will see the same thing.

As for the LS decks, we use the normal HanJedi, Jedi Control, and a mix of JediRebel decks. We have played with a few others but these are the best so far.

I just can't wait til Thursday to improve the Rebel affiliation.