Bombs and Cover

By Major Mishap, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

Simple question, do bombs ignore cover? I would have thought so if artillery does, but blowed if I can find the rule saying they do.

Yep, nothing in the rules says they do so…. they don't.

Thats whats needed in the second edition rules, a ruddy good clean up of what weapons ignore cover - to much inconsistancy.

If they would wouldn't that be stated on the card as usual?

Lska said:

If they would wouldn't that be stated on the card as usual?

Ignoring cover is not neccessarily on the cards though such as Lothar and Stefan.

Lothar doesn't need it, since all Artillery ignores cover.

Stefan, however, was a mistake, and should have Flame Weapon printed on its card.

Yakov, god knows why, is in the same situation as Stefan, however FFG ruled that his weapon indeed does NOT ignore cover.

Hans is another mess. At first they said its card was wrong and the Granate Werfer was a Grenade Weapon that ignores cover, but recently they changed that ruling and now it's back to not ignoring cover.

Many people thought Molotovs should be Flame Weapons and ignore cover, however, they are not.

So it's understandable that Major would kind of expect the bombs to ignore cover, it might happen eventually…

In my opinion all is clear about ignoring cover.

Yakov would be too powerfull with a flame weapon, that's why he has a aicid thrower instead of SSU's cover ignoring sulfur thrower.

Hans was an issue but i guess he was too cheap with ignoring cover granade werfer.

Loophole Master said:

Lothar doesn't need it, since all Artillery ignores cover.

Exactly, that was why I was reading through the books to find a blanket rule for bombs as you do artilery fire. The problem is when you demo the game, and I have done plenty of that, is trying to explain this to the punters - you can't, and they can go away thinking what a shite game.

Artillery doesn't ignore cover in buildings but grenade weapon does