Targ Burn Deck - Aegons vs Hatchlings

By drakka2, in 4. AGoT Deck Construction

Hi all, I've recently picked up the game and have mostly been making Targaryen decks…

The targ burn deck has quickly become my favourite due to its extreme control over the board…

I'm currently running House of Dreams and getting Aegons Hill, just so I can continue to get card advantage and kill people not even in play…

However both Aegons Hill and Hatchlings Feast is restricted, I'm thinking Hatchlings Feast works better with Knights of Hollow Hill agenda, because you're more likely to afford the Influence cost, however Aegons Hill is extremely powerful especially when you have it out from setup…

Does anyone have any input on which is better, which you've had more success with or anything?

Thanks

Aegons Hill is far more useful in the early game when you can kill key uniques straight from your opponent's hand or force them into play without the proper support to avoid them being killed by the Hill. Hatchlings Feast is always useful but requires the Influence; although KotHH practically guarantees that you'll be able to play it, Targ has plenty of Influence options these days. Its honestly kind of a toss-up, but I'd say a good rule of thumb is use the Hill if the deck isnt heavy on Influence or if you have plenty of terminal burn cards to kill off the board, use Feast if you are KotHH or if the deck is loaded with Influence that you are using for other cards anyway.