New FAQ & Tournament Rules!!

By Kriegschatten, in Dust Tactics

Wow, some nice additions to the FAQ, including a lot of info on units that occupy 2 squares as well as the "multiple figures on one base" units like the Jagdgrenadiere!

Most of it seems to match what folks have learned via emails from Zach. One thing that seemed to be new, though, is that the Leathernecks do not have to reload their mortar despite the fact that it is a Type "A" weapon. Which makes me wonder, then, why they decided that the Nikita has to reload its Type "A" weapon despite not having the RELOAD skill on its card…

The Tournament Rules don't seem that different, except that you can now use a water tile when setting up the map, which also opens up a new scenario type called " Control the Reservoir ". I guess they want to give those amphibious Allied units something to do!

Oh, I just noticed that they seem to have ditched the list of units which are tournament legal. Now it seems that every officially released FFG unit (so still not the Dust 48 models) are tournament legal. I guess that saves them the trouble of keeping the list up to date every time they release something new.

I thought the FAQ declared "Nikita should have had Reload on the card"

It's strange that they keep cousing new problems with the reload.. They schould clear that up once and for all. Also it's strange that german units on one base have special rules, other than allied and SSU ones…

I for one am glad they have basicly said any Dust Tactics unit can be used in a tourney. Wish they would allow the Dust 48 to be used as well.

I tried a few games with the new tournament rules over the weekend.

And if you thought that the current rules made it hard to use a 4-space vehicle, just wait until you try the new ones!

With 9 water squares, the 2x3 building, and 9 impassable terrain squares on the map, it seems you run quite a high risk of not having anywhere to go after you deploy.

Well… 4 space vehicles are so expensive it seems hard to field a viable 300 point tourney army with one anyway.

moffmalthus said:

Well… 4 space vehicles are so expensive it seems hard to field a viable 300 point tourney army with one anyway.

The Sturmprinz is only 31 points, though, and it brings some pretty decent anti-infantry firepower along with its troop carrying capability.

I've been thinking about getting one but it's hard to justify a $100 unit that will hit the table so infrequently.

Where are the water tiles from, I thought it was just landing craft and a sub a bit difficult to position down the middle of a board, are there others?

Yeah, there are tiles that have nothing on them but water squares.

I'm pretty sure that they're part of the Terrain Tile Set.

Yes, everything you need for a tourney is in the terrain tile set.