Make the Jump to Lightspeed

By Guest, in News

logo-SWX01.png

“I want you to take her. I mean it. Take her. You need all the help you can get. She’s the fastest ship in the fleet.”
–Han Solo, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

Four new expansions for X-Wing ™ are now available. Head to your local retailer today to bolster your fleet with the Millennium Falcon ™, Slave I ™, A-Wing™, and TIE Interceptor™ Expansion Packs!

SWX-Wave2-Explosion-V2.jpg

As we’ve seen in a series of recent previews , these expansions each introduce new miniature versions of iconic starships at 1/270 scale and come with new rules for large starships and unique starships. They also introduce the new “ Boost ” action, and players gain tremendous squad-building flexibility from rules and cards for new crew and modification upgrades.

The Millennium Falcon

X-Wing players can command one of the Star Wars galaxy’s most legendary starships with the Millennium Falcon Expansion Pack! The Millennium Falcon comes with a detailed, pre-painted miniature, a new game scenario, fourteen upgrade cards, and four ship cards, including such renowned pilots as Han Solo and Lando Calrissian.

You’ll also find all the necessary tokens and rules that expand the X-Wing galaxy to include unique starfighters, ships with larger bases, turret weapons, faction specific upgrades, and special modifications.

SWX06-layout.png

Slave I

Few starships pack more surprises or a deadlier arsenal than Slave I , and the Slave I Expansion Pack allows Imperial players to field the Firespray-class starship piloted by some of the galaxy’s most fearsome pirates and bounty hunters. Slave I comes with a detailed miniature, a new mission, all requisite tokens, thirteen upgrades, and four ship cards, including the infamous Boba Fett .

With its skillful pilots, its deadly selection of upgrades, and new rules for bombs, the Slave I Expansion Pack delivers a lethal punch.

SWX07-layout.png

A-Wing Expansion Pack

The A-Wing Expansion Pack introduces one A-wing miniature with four pilots and five upgrades. Only the most talented pilots belong in an A-wing cockpit, and Rebel aces like Tycho Celchu are able to take advantage of its tactically compelling “Boost” action as they push this sleek starfighter to its limits. This highly maneuverable starfighter adds another exciting dimension to Rebel squadrons in the Star Wars ™: X-Wing Miniatures Game.

SWX08-layout.png

TIE Interceptor Expansion Pack

The finest mass-produced starfighter of its time, the TIE interceptor excels at dogfighting thanks to its tremendous maneuverability, increased speed, and the four wing-mounted laser cannons that easily allow it to outgun its predecessors.

The TIE Interceptor Expansion Pack brings more to the table, though, than mere armaments. It features six skillful new pilots, including the renowned Imperial ace, Soontir Fel . The starfighter’s “Boost” action affords tremendous tactical freedom. With its detailed miniature, two upgrades, and new pilots, the TIE Interceptor Expansion Pack creates exciting opportunities for all Imperial players.

SWX09-layout.png

Strike Team Assembled

“Well, it’s gonna be rough, pal. I didn’t want to speak for you.”
–Han Solo to Chewbacca, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

This second wave of X-Wing expansions not only introduces the new abilities of some of the most iconic starships from the Star Wars movies, it makes possible a wide range of new strategies, including several centered around the films’ central characters.

As an example, here’s a one-hundred point squadron that you can build with your X-Wing Core Set, the Millennium Falcon Expansion Pack, and the A-Wing Expansion Pack. With a Falcon staffed by a trio of the movies’ most important characters, this 100-point squad takes full advantage of the Falcon ’s turret weapon, its crew members’ unique abilities, and the tactical dimensions afforded by the “Boost” action.

han-solo.png Card (Squad Points)

Han Solo (46)
Millennium Falcon (1)
Luke Skywalker (7)
Chewbacca (4)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Rookie Pilot (21)

Prototype Pilot (17)

As in the movies, the noble scoundrel Han Solo is more than he seems. Because players can already spend target locks to reroll attack dice, they may question the value of Han’s ability to reroll the entire pool of attack dice.

At first, his ability seems pedestrian, especially when you consider that players can only reroll dice results once in X-Wing . When a player spends a target lock to reroll attack dice, he doesn’t need to reroll those dice that are already White-Attack01.png or White-Attack03.png results, whereas Han must reroll all your dice if he rolls any of them, including the White-Attack01.png and White-Attack03.png results. However, it takes an action to acquire a target lock, and the beauty of Han’s ability is that it’s always available as an option; it doesn’t require you to spend an action to set it up. Thus, when Han Solo is paired with Luke Skywalker, he can reroll your poor attack rolls up to two times per turn, greatly increasing your chances of a high-impact attack. Meanwhile, with Han’s high pilot skill and the added maneuverability the Falcon gains from its Engine Upgrade and the Boost action, you gain great freedom to react to the changing battlefield and move into position for the kill. The thing about Han Solo isn’t so much that he’s just naturally lucky; it’s that he creates his own luck.

Bring New Life to Your Battles

The dramatic space battles of the Star Wars ™: X-Wing Miniatures Game are about to get hotter than ever. With the new Millennium Falcon , Slave I , A-Wing, and TIE Interceptor Expansion Packs, players are now able to add more strategy, variety, and theme to their games than ever before!

Dive into the action today! Look for these exciting single starfighter expansions at your local retailer.