Disarm Action Card

By WrathofKaos, in WFRP Rules Questions

So, one of my players was going for a Diestro style fighting and took the "Disarm" action. I thought "that's cool," but then he used it in combat and asked: "So, What happens?"

I didn't really know how to rule it. The action card has a 5 recharge so I assume that it should have SOME kind of penalty. I first thought that they would need to use a maneuver to pick it up, but then that seemed too weak. I thought maybe the NPC should be without weapon damage for "some time" but I settled on just saying the NPC could either attack with no weapon damage or use an action to retrieve/pull out another weapon.

Has anyone else run into this?

Technically, the NPC loses their weapon and must spend a maneuver to pick it up. This means they cannot PARRY until their turn. As a GM, you could also rule that to pick up the fallen weapon is an ACTION (perform a stunt) while engaged with an enemy. This would then make it useful simply to prevent an attack the enemy's next round.

Lastly, your player *could* consider doing a disarm action, and then a maneuver to pick up the enemy's weapon (or perhaps kick it away, etc) before the enemy has a chance to get it back.

Lastly, your player *could* consider doing a disarm action, and then a maneuver to pick up the enemy's weapon (or perhaps kick it away, etc) before the enemy has a chance to get it back.

Gold

1 success : weapon falls at foot, 1 maneuver to take it

3 successes : weapon falls at short distance, 1 maneuver to get there and 1 to take the weapon

1 comet : weapon falls in the attacker's hand or falls in a place out of reach without abandonning the fight (example : through a window down in the street, deep in the river, slide on the ground in a dense crowd like a market, stocked high in a surrounding tree)

2 boons : target is getting a temporary condition like perplexe

2 banes : 1 fatigue

Chaos : the attacker is hurt by his weapon for 1 normal wound

2 chaos : the attacker's weapon is damaged

This happened to my character, He disarmed an enemy as his action. The next turn, the enemy had a higher initiative and picked up his weapon and attacked me. So all I really accomplished was nothing.

I should have said that once it the enemy was disarmed, I either kicked the weapon away or did something to make it harder for him to get it again.

Oh well, you live and you learn.