Dust Tactics 2nd Edition this year!!

By moffmalthus, in Dust Tactics

Which is why I still say the simple solution is to require the side with more activations to move 2 squads per activation until there evened out on both sides.

Kriegschatten said:

You know what I really want for 2nd edition?

Forum software that actually works! enfadado

That would be nice.

moffmalthus said:

Which is why I still say the simple solution is to require the side with more activations to move 2 squads per activation until there evened out on both sides.

Another solution would be some sort of force organization requirements. I would hate to see that, but I think it could be the next best solution. Similar to warfare, you would be limited in the number of support elements based on your army composition.

Must admit this is the worst forum I have ever used, its just so slow ALL the time, thats of course when its actually working.

I definatly don't want to see a force organization chart of Dust Tactics. That would be a horrible idea.

Major Mishap said:

Must admit this is the worst forum I have ever used, its just so slow ALL the time, thats of course when its actually working.

yeah, it's pretty bad, but it's not the forum that's the problem, FFG needs to upgrade their servers.

Maybe they should limit the number of activations bases on the points agreed upon by the players. When I used to play mechwarrior you had 1 action per 100 points. Most games I played were 250 to 300 points which ment each player had 3 actions. With Dust tactics you could set 1 activation (move+move, move + shoot, ect) per 50 pionts. So in a 300 point battle both players would only get to activate 6 units. Then the spotter spammers would be in for a beating.

I like marcemtp's idea quite a bit.

A friend of mine had an excellent idea related to this: Instead of rolling for initiative at the start of each turn (which is such a crapshoot), I like the idea that the first person to pass will be the first to move the following turn. Therefore, the guy who has fewer activations may be getting outmaneuvered a bit, esp. during the earlier turns, but he will usually get the first move on the following turn, which is often a huge deal. You would be able to pass before you finish activating all of your units, but then some of your units wouldn't get to move on that turn.

This combats both the issue of having more activations than the other guy, and the total crapshoot of who gets to go first. It is no fun when your opponent wins every single initiative roll just because they're lucky and you never get that critical first move.

That sounds resonable but i don't whink we will see such major changes to the game mechanics..

I'm guessing more of a "sniper and spotter limit" per army or sth like that.