Weapon and Forging questions

By Einlanzer, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

This is sort of a two part question.

Question 1.) In the book, it says that masterwork equipment can be between +5 and +25, however if I'm understanding the rules for forging correctly, the maximum bonus you can get with equipment is based on the material it is made of, and thus the highest quality obtainable is actually +15? It says to get higher than this requires supernatural methods, but doesn't really give an example of what. Can you only get higher quality than +15 by using magic, or are there other methods I'm just not seeing?

Question 2.) In the list of prices for weapons it lists a weapon called the Scourge, with a weight and cost, but nowhere else in the book is it mentioned. Was this a typo of some sort or did the stats just not get added in for some reason? Also, just out of curiosity does anyone have any sort of visual reference for the Raven? I'm sort of having a hard time picturing what it actually is.

To answer your first question: No, it is pretty much impossible for a player character to forge over a +15 (under normal rules).

Second: I can not find any stats for the scourge, so it may be a typo. This is what I thought the raven looked like (but it doesn't have the spinning hole): Anima: Assasin guy

Sorry, I didn't really explain the first one. +20 and +25 are to be used at the DM's ruling, usually as a pre-existing item of great power.

Nurddude said:

Second: I can not find any stats for the scourge, so it may be a typo. This is what I thought the raven looked like (but it doesn't have the spinning hole): Anima: Assasin guy

A Scourge is something like a "multi-whip" (if you have seen the movie "the passion of christ", Jesus is tortured with a scourge).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scourge
I
also can't find the other values for It.

The weapon in the Picture from Wen-M is AFAIK a Katar. Usually katars had only one blade, but the made many different types, some with extendable side-blades and later some, with "pistols" an the side and a trigger in the handle.

For the raven: I think, it is something like a big shuriken, with a hole in the middle, for spinning. But this is my opinion and I can't remember any references.

So long,

Regarding +20 and +25, that's kind of what I thought. The way it describes them as being psuedo-divine items basically made it sound like they were intended to be used as a quest reward or something like that, but then it mentioned in the information for Forging about requiring supernatural methods to craft an item above that so I wasn't sure.

I kind of imagined the Raven almost being like something akin to the weapons Yuffie uses in Final Fantasy VII, but I wasn't entirely sure. if it were just a multi bladed weapon that'd be easier to imagine, but the fact that it spins makes it hard to imagine wielding without cutting yourself up somehow.

What Yuffie uses is a high quality Enormous Shuriken, nothing extra special.

as far as the raven goes, i'll research it a little later for maybe a visual on it.

Raybras said:

What Yuffie uses is a high quality Enormous Shuriken, nothing extra special.

as far as the raven goes, i'll research it a little later for maybe a visual on it.

Never thought of it that way, but yeah I suppose you're right. Only thing I could think of is maybe some kind of pinwheel type weapon?

I think, the Raven could look like the shuriken of Yuffie (perhaps not this big, perhaps the size of a eating plate), BUT isn't balanced for throwing.

Reason:
- The description sounds like a shuriken with a bigger hole in the middle.
- For the "selfcutting"-problem: The weapon has the complex-tag, this should be the "selfcutting".

I think, it is like the "starknife" from Pathfinder, but without the handle in the middle (because with this, it can't be spinned).

I'm not exactly sure, if there was every a real weapon like this.

So long,

There are supposed to be rules for creating magical objects in Prometheum Exxet, it is being translated into english right now and is scheduled to be released later this year. Until that comes out there are no rules in english for creating objects eith more than a +15 bonus. The official Edge forums may have some of the rules tranlated so that you can use them, I know they did for Arcane Exxet.