Axis Aircraft Up for Pre-Order at Dust Games - With Stats

By Kriegschatten, in Dust Tactics

Is this the first time we've seen the full stats for the two Fledermaus variants? I don't recall seeing them previously, at any rate.

They sure seem cheap compared to the SSU ground attack chopper. Faster movement, same health, roughly equivalent weaponry, air superiority, and…20 points cheaper?!

Wow, they sure seem to really put a premium on the Hover skill, don't they?

Kriegschatten said:

Is this the first time we've seen the full stats for the two Fledermaus variants? I don't recall seeing them previously, at any rate.

They sure seem cheap compared to the SSU ground attack chopper. Faster movement, same health, roughly equivalent weaponry, air superiority, and…20 points cheaper?!

Wow, they sure seem to really put a premium on the Hover skill, don't they?

Don't even get me started Krieg…

I really don't know what FFG or Dust Models was thinking when they came up with the points for the aircraft. It boggles my mind that the Fledermaus is faster, has the same armor, same hit points, comparable armament, and air superiority, yet comes in a whole 20 points cheaper than the attack helicopters…WTF?!

I'm trying not to be a biased SSU player, but it really is unfair. One of the arguments I have heard is that the Striker variant can beat a Fledermaus head-to-head…but that is not a viable argument! The Fledermaus is arguably better than any of the helicopters because of that speed, it can quickly get into the fray and start it's aerial strikes, whereas the helicopters are relatively slow.

Can someone please enlighten me on why the helicopters are so expensive compared to the Axis jets? I feel like the SSU were the test dummys for the aircraft, and they've basically made them unplayable because of how overcosted they are. Transports are way overcosted and the ground helicopters are equally bad.

I've played five games of Hortens vs. Choppers, and the Choppers have won every time.

Horten's cannot preform a sustained attack against ground units so they have little effect against any thing larger then a KV-47, which is with in 15 points of a Horten's value. Without susstained attack the IV will run out of bombs before it takes down a Mao Zedong, and the Mao will easilly blow them out of the sky.

Even with air superiority they have no hope of taking out any SSU choppers in less then 2 turns, but they average three turns, if the manage to do it at all.

Yes the Horten has speed but that just lets you get in to trouble faster, it doesn't provide any major tactical advantage in a real scenario featuring cover and structures for the enemy infantry to hid in.

48 points or whatever is a fair price for a unit no more effective then a Ludwig in most situations, as the Ludwig makes up for its lack of speed with range U weapons.

Don't get me wrong I love the Ho-347 and used correctly to harrass infantry and light vehicles it can be a dream, but it is no where near as well armed or as effective as the SSU choppers, and it will pale in compairson to the P-48.

This has been talked about on the Facebook group for quite awhile now. In the case of the Striker, it's pretty accurate. The ability to Hover and being able to take out a Horten in one attack is pretty well worth 20 points.

blkdymnd said:

This has been talked about on the Facebook group for quite awhile now. In the case of the Striker, it's pretty accurate. The ability to Hover and being able to take out a Horten in one attack is pretty well worth 20 points.

That's one variant compared to one other, unequivalent model. A striker can easily take out a horten because that's what it's designed to do. Likewise, the horten is much better than the striker at taking down vehicles. I don't think comparing two units that serve different functions and saying because one is better at taking out the other that it is better, is a valid argument.