Jump plus attack

By 2pissed, in Dust Tactics

has anyone ever wondered if you can jump straight up and attack then land behind the cover you were behind again?

No. What would be the purpose of jumping straight up and landing right where you started?

2pissed said:

has anyone ever wondered if you can jump straight up and attack then land behind the cover you were behind again?

Wrong game, this isn't Infinity…

Loophole Master said:

No. What would be the purpose of jumping straight up and landing right where you started?

I was pondering the possibility its pretty obviouse that its not meant to be done but thought it would be interesting to hear some oppinions.

the reason would be to have line of sight while in the air so you could attack.

Ah, ok, you're in house-rule mode here.

Ok, for a vehicle that wouldn't work, since they can only jump over things that don't block their line of sight anyway (tank traps, soldiers, etc). For infantry it's mostly the same, with the only difference that they can jump over a building. However, since a building is usually a few squares deep, jumping in place shouldn't really give you a lot of visibility on a unit on the other side of it.

So, no. Don't really think this is a very useful concept.

2pissed said:

Loophole Master said:

I was pondering the possibility its pretty obviouse that its not meant to be done but thought it would be interesting to hear some oppinions.

So you basically want to stay behind a piece of cover (building, wall, etc), jump in the air, shoot at something, then land back behind the cover in order to stay obscured…talk about a broken game mechanic, not to mention boring game play.

I remember when I used to play WH40k, and my buddy played Tau (well, he still does). He would use crisis suits in this same fashion, keep them hidden behind buildings and use their ability to pop out of cover, shoot up my advancing troops, then jump back behind cover so they couldn't be shot at…the most annoying thing to fight against ever.

xBeakeRx said:

2pissed said:

Loophole Master said:

So you basically want to stay behind a piece of cover (building, wall, etc), jump in the air, shoot at something, then land back behind the cover in order to stay obscured…talk about a broken game mechanic, not to mention boring game play.

I remember when I used to play WH40k, and my buddy played Tau (well, he still does). He would use crisis suits in this same fashion, keep them hidden behind buildings and use their ability to pop out of cover, shoot up my advancing troops, then jump back behind cover so they couldn't be shot at…the most annoying thing to fight against ever.

I have a simple solution. Next time you play him "accidentially" know over his crisis suit models so the hit the floor and break. That should even the game for you. Oh and appologize for the "accident"

mgentile7 said:

xBeakeRx said:

2pissed said:

Loophole Master said:

I have a simple solution. Next time you play him "accidentially" know over his crisis suit models so the hit the floor and break. That should even the game for you. Oh and appologize for the "accident"

Haha, I've thought about it, but I no longer play 40k so I'm not worried about it. I pretty much gave up on 40k once I discovered Dust, I actually just sold off my last Khorne army a couple weeks ago and invested that money into Dust models (mostly).