Revised edition or not?

By Smithers666, in Runewars

Hi!

I just boght the revised edition.

Im a bit confused if recent post here in the forum is about the original version or the revised version.

Should I presume a post is about the original version if it not specifically mentions it is about the revised edition?

PS also someone mentioned an errata for the revised edition but I cannot find one, any links please?

Anything on page 2 or beyond is probably discussing the original edition. On the first page, it's 50/50, but most of the posts about the revised edition so far have specifically mentioned it. If you're looking for a particular rules question and can't be sure about which edition the answers you're reading apply to, feel free to ask again to be sure. =)

I think the only mention of revised errata was in reference to an errata sheet that ONLY detailed the rules changes in revised edition (a shorthand for people who already own the original and just want to see what's changed.) That would be found here.

If you own the actual revised edition, all of those rules changes will be incorporated into the copy of the rulebook you already own.

For what it's worth, too, the vast majority of rules discussion would apply equally to the Revised Edition as well. The changes made in the revised edition are pretty minor overall. The biggest changes are to map setup and victory conditions, but the core mechanics of gameplay are pretty much the same with just a few small tweaks (such as heroes movement/support in battle and Hexagon units counting strength when routed).