Cover Question

By player1540319, in Dust Warfare

If a unit is right behind cover (touching the base af the terrain piece) shooting across the cover at an enemy who is also in base contact with the same cover piece, so they are sharing the terrain (mind you that the units are only 2 inches away if that even matters) does each unit get cover from one another.

Also.. i am surrounded by a unit and i want to attack. 4 of the enemies are right behind the same cover i am (situation above) to my right. The unit leader is in no cover standing 2 inches away to the left of my squad but still 6 inches away from his troops. How would it work for attacking and cover? Does his unit get cover cause more than half are behind it… do they not get cover cause the unit leader is not in cover… or is there no cover at all because we share the same cover.

If I have Action Jackson in a TankBuster Unit does every guy in my unit benefit from the phaser special ability that Jackson has… or do I roll seperate for him and Tank Busters?

THANK YOU!

P. 41: Core rules: If the unit leader of the shooting unit touches terrain, this terrain is ignored when determining cover. It is irrelevent if you "share" this cover with your opponent or not. So in both yout examples, you ignore the cover your leader touches, and the enemy has no cover.

P. 58: Core rules: A phaser weapon, like almost every weapon type, shares its abilities with the whole unit (no armor rolls against attacks that INCLUDE a phaser weapon)

Also Action Jackson is not a legal choice to pair with the tank busters, you must match both movement value and armor value to pair a hero with a unit.