The Premium Axis & Allied Aircraft Seem Kind of Pricey…

By Kriegschatten, in Dust Tactics

Okay, I know that nothing in the premium line is exactly cheap, but the new Axis & Allied aircraft seem particularly expensive at $100 each.

The SSU helicopters are also $100 each, but the Ground Attack version comes with a bunch of diferent weapon loadouts, the Airborne Transport comes with a whole infantry squad, and the Walker Transport comes with a walker with three diferent weapon configurations.

As far as I can tell, the Axis & Allied planes don't come with any of those bonuses.

That's all true, but they do come in the same size box. Which seems to be how the prices are based, bigger box = more money.

Premiums have always been like that. 80mm based walkers are about $50 normally, larger vehicles $100 (with the odd price for Red Kossack, etc). I buy all of my vehicles premium, because they're normally still cheaper than buying 'another companies' models in the box. The assault chopper is definitely the exception to the rule on how it normally works with premiums. Not sure why they ended up doing it like that, unless they were keeping the true collector from having to spend $400 on all the options. I've had a nice break to save being an allied player, because with the new heavy walkers and the P-48's, I'll be spending a chunk soon.

remeber if you are a Dust Elite member you get a discount.

The painted models are expensive which is why i do not buy them but the unpainted are still a good deal in comparison to other games not to be named. Either way you look at it though game prices are getting well….pricy. However most of the online retailers have made purchases a lot better than in the past, particularly Minature Market and Cool Stuff Inc. Anyway back to my overpriced hobby….

Oh, yeah, I'm well aware of how expensive the premium line is, since all of the Dust Tactics stuff I own is premium.

Still, this is the first unit to really make me pause when I looked at the price. (Well, I suppose that the heavy walkers did, too, but I knew that I wouldn't have much use for them, so I wasn't as concerned about it.)

Do the planes at least have painted pilot figures in the cockpit? It's hard to tell from the photos.

If they do, that would make the price a little more understandable….maybe… desconfiado

Kriegschatten said:

Oh, yeah, I'm well aware of how expensive the premium line is, since all of the Dust Tactics stuff I own is premium.

Still, this is the first unit to really make me pause when I looked at the price. (Well, I suppose that the heavy walkers did, too, but I knew that I wouldn't have much use for them, so I wasn't as concerned about it.)

Do the planes at least have painted pilot figures in the cockpit? It's hard to tell from the photos.

If they do, that would make the price a little more understandable….maybe… desconfiado

yes, the pilots will be painted

reptilebro1 said:

remember though that you pay $50 to become an elite member and need to spend $1000 more to even start getting a discount! I'm not complaining as I'm a member and will spend that much so it it is worth it for me. It won't be for everyone though.

Munkers said:

reptilebro1 said:

remember though that you pay $50 to become an elite member and need to spend $1000 more to even start getting a discount! I'm not complaining as I'm a member and will spend that much so it it is worth it for me. It won't be for everyone though.

if you're planning on spending enough for the discount, the $50 will be saved in shipping alone

If you think the asking price for the prepainted miniature is too high, nothing prevents you from taking another alternative. Get some information on the net to see how much it would cost you to get it commission painted. You will soon realise the asking price is not that bad after all. If you really can't see yourself paying to get prepainted miniatures, now is your chace to start doing it yourself.

Everything in life is a matter of choice. Whether you choose to buy the model prepainted or have it done by someone else, the final price will be almost the same ( miniature+paint+delivery). It only remains for you to determine , are you ready to buy immediately unpainted or wait just a little longer and buy it already painted .

sefou said:

If you think the asking price for the prepainted miniature is too high, nothing prevents you from taking another alternative. Get some information on the net to see how much it would cost you to get it commission painted. You will soon realise the asking price is not that bad after all. If you really can't see yourself paying to get prepainted miniatures, now is your chace to start doing it yourself.

Everything in life is a matter of choice. Whether you choose to buy the model prepainted or have it done by someone else, the final price will be almost the same ( miniature+paint+delivery). It only remains for you to determine , are you ready to buy immediately unpainted or wait just a little longer and buy it already painted .

Thanks Dad for the lecture !