"The Game You're Looking For" website tool

By Worihor, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

I'm a fairly new fan of FFG, owning only a handful of games. What I've discovered is that even in the few games I own (and play with friends), there is a huge range of "gamers needs" covered. Some people I game with really love the competitive head-to-head challenge, while others are on the opposite end of the spectrum and see gaming as a chance for friends to get together, chill and co-op against the board/Over Lord.

I think it would be great if FFG developed a website tool or flowchart that could help people (especially non-gamers, or people new to gaming) find games that would fit their needs or the needs/interests of those they're trying to buy games for. Perhaps one already exists and I am just blind.

WarWhore said:

I'm a fairly new fan of FFG, owning only a handful of games. What I've discovered is that even in the few games I own (and play with friends), there is a huge range of "gamers needs" covered. Some people I game with really love the competitive head-to-head challenge, while others are on the opposite end of the spectrum and see gaming as a chance for friends to get together, chill and co-op against the board/Over Lord.

I think it would be great if FFG developed a website tool or flowchart that could help people (especially non-gamers, or people new to gaming) find games that would fit their needs or the needs/interests of those they're trying to buy games for. Perhaps one already exists and I am just blind.

hmm, if you go to the Catalog, the right-side section is "Choosing the best game for you", which can be pretty helpful if you don't know what are you looking for